Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many window cleaners here

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It is sad , and a lot of my friends think I have to no life from work , but I do believe with this job , your have to live and breathe window cleaning to make it successful , if you don't love it ,it won't reward you

I've found myself going places and quoting it in my head. I've also found myself saying to the Mrs that's a nice £15 house when I've gone past a nice house. Good thing her dad, uncle and brother are also windys so she used to it lol

Having moved more toward full exteriors ( roofs, drives etc) what I wonder about is peoples lack of pride in their homes. 95% of properties have something seriously letting them down.

Is it cause most are rentals or do people just not care to look after therir hundreds of thousands of pounds investment.

My wife calls it my hobby rather than my job

Says it's not normal to be so in to work

Oh well at least i get paid for my hobby then:rofl:

Monday to Friday fairly obsessed with my work. Saturday and Sunday work doesn't enter my head. Its time for family, football, fishing, motorbikes and drinking.

Although I might squeeze in a quick pressure washing job on the odd Saturday morning /emoticons/smile.png

At the moment I'm the same although I'm hoping as the years go by and the round gets more established it will need less maintenance and will be able to switch off a bit more.

Must admit whenever I go somewhere new I look at windows to see if they're clean and then wonder how much the locals get paid
Well, if you are a conscientious pro that's absolutely normal in my humble opinion

what I wonder about is peoples lack of pride in their homes. 95% of properties have something seriously letting them down.people just not care to look after their hundreds of thousands of pounds investment.
I'm amazed constantly at this!

most of the roads i work in the houses are worth £800k - £1.5+m.....

Gutters often full of weeds, inside of the glass could do with a good scrimming, front paths a good brush down, lots of odd jobs done such as gate catches fixed, external wiring tidied up, front doors cleaned etc etc....

Im baffled by the lack of attention to the properties...:eek:

I'm amazed constantly at this!most of the roads i work in the houses are worth £800k - £1.5+m.....

Gutters often full of weeds, inside of the glass could do with a good scrimming, front paths a good brush down, lots of odd jobs done such as gate catches fixed, external wiring tidied up, front doors cleaned etc etc....

All the Money probably paying the bills lol

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I'm amazed constantly at this!most of the roads i work in the houses are worth £800k - £1.5+m.....

Money rich and time poor springs to mind

I had a convenience store for ten years. 5.00am to 10.00pm seven days a week.

Now it's Monday to Friday only and I like to finish around 4pm. A further hour sorting out paperwork and the van and that's me done.

The van doesn't move at weekends.

My missus said she has that dreading feeling sunday nights about work... I used to have the same when I was a office boy... never had it as a windy.. just print paperwork on sunday and ok n the glass during the week.

I still don't consider this job as work as i enjoy it and don't feel like i am working

Being outdoors and chatting to customers etc..fancy a breather then just stop..no one to moan at you and of course good money for enjoying yourself

Back