Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

what system (pure freedom)?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

chris clean

So.... after a year working out of a Vauxhall combo with 25L drums and backpack the round is getting so big I need a tank. I am about to buy either a vivaro or Renault traffic and plan to have a 500L tank. I buy my water and will continue to do so therefore need tank and pump. I have chatted with pure freedom today and got quote for supply and install of 500L delivery system. I like the idea of the system being fitted by pros and all i have heard about there systems is positive. Just wonder if anyone uses them? Or what advice would you givebon which system to go for? I'm not mechanically minded in the slightest and want the system fitted / bolted through floor etc. Any advice much appreciated

No need to go to Pure Freedom to get the tank fitted your local garage can do it for you. Connecting the tank to your pump & hosereel is pretty straightforward, I did this in my Vauxhall Combo (350L tank) and I wouldn't say that I was mechanically minded either.

Thanks for that cookie, so do you reckon any local garage would be happy to install one for me? Did you connect battery to can or use leisure battery? Where did you buy tank and parts ? Sorry for all questions!!

i'm a sod for buying stystems,getting bored with them and moving on,the pure freedom stystem is a very basic belt and braces stystem although that being said it does its job-its not the best most refined stystem but does for most people,i would go for the 650l if it were me as it allows just that bit extra water should you need it,

but pure freedom fit the tank right up to the bulkhead which would not be the best thing if you were to have a bump at speed.

for me,if i were to buy a totally new turn key stystem for a vivaro or traffic i would buy one from steve scargill,i have one of his flat tanks at the moment ready to install when i get a moment

the flat tank does take up all of the area in the back of the van but only stands 12 inches tall and thats for 800 litres so it'll allow for other things to go on top,(in a crash this tank will behave much better and would hit the roof of the van-whereas the pure freedom one will tip forward maybe in close contact with yourself)thats my take on stytems mate i've had maybe 15 in different vans over eleven years or so

Cheers @kevinc250 lots of stuff I hadn't thought about especially the positioning of tank right up to bulkhead. Sometimes have my little girl in the Van on weekends too so don't wanna take any chances. will look into the flat tanks. Thanks for the info mate. You have lots of experience 15 systems in 11 years lol that's some going

a lot of stystems lol,just never found one just right for me,trust me i've had the best/most expensive down to the cheapest diy ones,not one does just what i want-there again my business has grown and grown and branched out into other areas as the business has grown making that current stystem obselete.you need to build in some room for growth when you buy a stystem-many many do not do this and inhibit future growth because of this i am proof of that,i followed advice on forums years ago on what you should have or need only to find it all unworkable or totally bloody useless if i'm honest-your making a big step from barrells to a full blown set up and you need to think of the future-where you want to be/what you want to offer as in the range of services then backward engineer the tank and stystem to suit.yes it will cost a few pounds but not as much as you may think

Thanks for that cookie, so do you reckon any local garage would be happy to install one for me? Did you connect battery to can or use leisure battery? Where did you buy tank and parts ? Sorry for all questions!!
As far as the battery is concerned I used my old Pure Freedom trolley battery which is connected to the Shurflo pump & PF controller ready mounted on a backplate. I usually charge the battery every night, however a single charge does last 2 days. I bought all the tank and parts from PF apart from the metal Claber hose reel which I bought from Gardiners.

Thanks guys for the info. I have been watching various youtube vids tonight HR on installing tanks connecting battery relays etc and I'm wondering how much cheaper is it to diy? To give you an idea where I'm coming from my quote from pure freedom which is 500L tank single output delivery system ( no RO di) etc I buy my water. 100 m hose reel with connectors to my gardiner poles. All installed by them batter connected the works ready to fill and go. This comes in a bit under 2k. Sounds a lot on face of it I'm not sure? However tonight im reading loads of forums checking out diy bundles and finding the parts individually and for similar coming in over 1k. Then I have the problem I have no idea how to install it especially if I need a garage to fix in tank there's atleast 200 in labour or more. Am I looking in the wrong place or is the pure freedom for it all done fitted and ready to go not a bad deal. I literally have no idea!! With regards moving on in future I'm gonna go for 650 instead of 500l and easy to add another output later

Thanks guys for the info. I have been watching various youtube vids tonight HR on installing tanks connecting battery relays etc and I'm wondering how much cheaper is it to diy? To give you an idea where I'm coming from my quote from pure freedom which is 500L tank single output delivery system ( no RO di) etc I buy my water. 100 m hose reel with connectors to my gardiner poles. All installed by them batter connected the works ready to fill and go. This comes in a bit under 2k. Sounds a lot on face of it I'm not sure? However tonight im reading loads of forums checking out diy bundles and finding the parts individually and for similar coming in over 1k. Then I have the problem I have no idea how to install it especially if I need a garage to fix in tank there's atleast 200 in labour or more. Am I looking in the wrong place or is the pure freedom for it all done fitted and ready to go not a bad deal. I literally have no idea!! With regards moving on in future I'm gonna go for 650 instead of 500l and easy to add another output later

i can totally understand where you are coming from chris and also the confusion,its a big step and you want/need to get it right,you can buy a stystem all ready to go or diy one yourself,however there is is middle version where someone makes the stystem for you and you either install it yourself or have them to do it for you,this way you can have the tank tailor made to suit you and your van(by the way the pure freedom tank is a right pain to fit into a vivaro or traffic unless you offset the tank you'll have to drop the fuel tank to fit the wfp tank,)its actually easier to have a tank made to fit your future van using the chassis members as the fixing points and doesn't cost more and is a whole lot safer

where are you in the uk?

Yeah its certainly a bit of a mind bender at the moment mate!! I'm on the south coast. What I find hard is everyone I speak to has different advice on which way to go with stuff. Interesting point u make about problem fitting pure freedom system in a vivaro. I told the pure freedom guy its a vivaro I'm getting most likely and he said they can fit it no problem in a day so i guess they would just do the necessary? I guess maybe I'm worrying too much but I wanna get it right. Like you say yourself hard to get a system that ticks every box for what you need.

just got a second hand trolley hasn't been used for a while so charged for 3 days and its stuck saying bat unplugged so it must have charge any advise or is the battery nacked 

Even adding 100M hose and hose reel you would still be saving 50% on Pure Freedom. 
Old post from 3 years ago ?, I now have a fully fitted PF system as of last year anyone putting a tank in van should have it secured professionally with a frame.

just got a second hand trolley hasn't been used for a while so charged for 3 days and its stuck saying bat unplugged so it must have charge any advise or is the battery nacked 
All depends how old the battery is and or has been looked after or not, I would ask the person you bought it off, but after an overnight charge it should be charged not 3 days and nothing, there could possibly be a lose connection, you will have to get in to the battery box.

So.... after a year working out of a Vauxhall combo with 25L drums and backpack the round is getting so big I need a tank. I am about to buy either a vivaro or Renault traffic and plan to have a 500L tank. I buy my water and will continue to do so therefore need tank and pump. I have chatted with pure freedom today and got quote for supply and install of 500L delivery system. I like the idea of the system being fitted by pros and all i have heard about there systems is positive. Just wonder if anyone uses them? Or what advice would you givebon which system to go for? I'm not mechanically minded in the slightest and want the system fitted / bolted through floor etc. Any advice much appreciated
I was in the same situ as you, ive been on the wfp for 4 1/2 years now, and im upgrading from a fiat doblo lwb to a vivaro (or similar) but im going for an xline systems 750L cold water 2man delivery setup, 2 power reels with raised platforms, van floor hose guides, trolley filler, 4 internal pole holders, got quotes from pure freedom and grippatank, but preffered xline, their setups look smart! Sometimes if u have the dosh get the professionals to do and its convenient.
just got fed up with diy, just dont have the patience/tools/means/time to do it, i live in a flat which makes it worse. Also you’ll get after sales support and warranty. 

I have a Pure freedom system on my Vivaro. My system is actually on their website it's the Yellow Vivaro if you want to take a peak. Their systems are not the prettiest I've seen but who cares about that as long as it does the job. I got their electric reel too. I went for Purefreedom mainly because I'm not that handy really and would just prefer to get the job done right. All sorted in one day. Their systems are crash tested and we'll put together. Also they were the closest to my house for travel lol.

Any questions just ask if you have any.

i bought a 500L pure freedom tank and frame and got my local garage to fit it into my brand new van then i got grippatank to retrofit a 9kw diesel heater with frost stat and bought a  PF reelmaster electric reel.....ive now got the perfect set up for my needs and hopefully this will last me 10+ years before i change systems/vans again...

ive messed around with old vans,barrels,backpacks,trolleys, cheap DIY systems with pumpboxes,etc in the past but i say if you can  get the newest van you can afford and a decent set up if your planning on cleaning for many years to come...

Back