Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van or No Van

Gleam123

Just a bit curious,

I have a trailer system which I could easily accommodate into my car but am a little wary of looking a bit unprofessional. Would I be better of purchasing a van?:-/

Well I have a van for that reason BUT there are many users on here that work from their cars and have a thriving business.

To be honest most customers don't notice what you drive.I have a trolley system and use an Estate car,Flipfast has a Polo,My dad has a van

Car is cheaper to insure

Thanks for the info once again guys. The only reason im considering it to start of is purely because of my age, round here there has always been an influx of window cleaners during the summer (people on summer break from uni) looking to earn a bit on the side and gone by September.

I really dont want to give this impression because this is something im taking deadly seriously and hoping to earn a living from. I have the money to buy a van outright so am leaning a bit more to do this straight off.

In that case I see your point. At the end of the day it is what suits you best really. I got a van and don't regret it one bit.

two weeks ago a friend of mine was involved in a serious car crash - car ended up on it's roof, stuck in a tree.

Got me thinking what if that had been me??

In a car there would have been a colossal amount of kit flying everywhere - may consider a van in the future - and if I do get a van then it will absolutely have to have a bulkhead.

The amount of gear in flip fast car there is no chance of it leaving the ground both hope you never have to try it out,A van is always the best option for work but then economics come into it

Thanks for the advice guys,

I will certainly be investing in some kind of uniform as Ken said it does give the whole operation a more professional feel, Ive ended up with a Citreon Picasso which I will be taking to have my logo and number printed on in the next fort***ht.

Aslong as the job is done well I dont think there will be any issues regarding my age or mode of transport I just want to give myself the best chance possible to be able to show people that my age doesnt affect how well I can do the job

Back