Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many of you set goals?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Laugher

how many of you set goals for your business?

I've hit my turnover goal for the tax year (might not be as high as most of you guys on here) which has made me happy and finally being able to earn a decentish wage and hopefully finally get a decent amount on a mortgage to get my first house, which ain't to bad for a naturally lazy and relaxed person that I am, but setting goals is slowly helping me to improve all the time as I know I could do a lot better with more effort. But my turnover has gone up double over the last 2 years and nearly a third up on last year and now I'm finally thinking about taking on my first employee.

Sorry for a long comment but wanted to get it of my chest!

I set goals too.

Average price per house,trying to get them up at least 2 quid currently.

Methods of payment,more gocardless.

Add ons,pushing those.

I don't think so much about my turn over,but keep a short term focus on the shape of my round and ruthlessly change it as I need to...this is find takes care of the long term or at least that is the plan.

Window cleaning is a lifestyle buisness and it can change alongside your lifestyle weather your taking it easy to just cover the bills and enjoy free time or flat out building an empire coining it. as you've identified it's your goal and effort that will determine what it is to you. My goals have changed a fair bit over the past few months and I have changed my direction accordingly.

Seeing a mortgage advisor was a big thing, made me realise how much I was plodding along when me and my partner couldn't get enough money to buy a house and annoying it was that it averaged out over 3 years for me, so turnover and profit after tax is a big thing for me currently as I want us to get our first house.

Long term I want to create and grow a business that is automated

short term keep increasing prices while maintaining good value for customers and increase marketing mainly on social media while it's cheap and start to employ

While it's cheap indeed..buy and sell sites will no doubt change in time. Or fb will change the rules a bit.

I also have goals I think it's good in a way. I started in Nov last year currently have around 60ish window cleaning customers. Growing every month.

Hope to hit 100 end of summer.

I also do end of tenancy cleaning and holiday let and deep cleaning.

Currently have one holiday let cleaning customers

Plus do odd one here and there end of tenancy clean for a friend with a housing association

Think it gives you a better out look on things aswell

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Only goal i have at the minute is to get to 300 customers. Once ive done that i will have a re think and decide where to go next, lots of options but needs some serious thought, i hate doing things aimlessly need a plan.

Adam once you get there I bet you won't feel the need to compromise price a bob or two as I mind you indicating on another post...

Makes life so much easier to call the shots when your packed

Always good to have goals, I would say until around 4 years ago I never really pushed my business as much as I could have or should have in the 17 years I have been in business but I feel I have always kept ahead of other cleaners in my area which is always a positive for me .

Right now my goal is to gain another 20 regular jobs in two concentrated areas this will mean I can replace some other jobs that I am driving around for stopping and starting so loosing money.

Right now I'm 4 full days per week out the glass which allows 1 day for poor weather and add ons fsg's etc. Window cleaning jobs evolve on a round, so replace I'm replacing with higher prices and hone the round.

To be honest I've been coasting the past few years, however in the past six months or so and now I've gone wfp I've reappraised everything I'm back on track and actually enjoying the business a lot more.

To help with my own round evolution this is what I have done this weekend.

Work sheet on pc now has

Commercial work list due per week

Add ons due that week

80 houses due that week

House list to quote that week

List of houses I am taking off that weeks work..unless they sign up to gocardless at 1 or 2 quid more.

I will keep 10 such go cardless or do one letters in the van and put through doors as and when someone new has jumped on each week via cardless.

This will work for me, as I have so many enquiries now anyway. Guess can afford to be a bit ruthless in approach.

Back