chris clean

cost of your van and system

chris clean

Hey guys i am going to be upgrading from my combo van with barrels and backpack to a bigger van probably a vivaro or similar with a system. I had another thread earlier in week for advice on system and thanks for all the help and info I've been sent!!

I have test driven some really nice low mileage vans and found a system I think I'm really happy with. Now I know every van/ system has pros and cons but the total cost of my new van and system including fitting the works will come in just shy of £10k. Working out what I earn now and how its growing every week that's a cost I'm personally happy with. Just out of curiosity really and Im not prying into anyone's business account a bit would love to know a rough figure people have spent in total on there set up to get an idea. Cheers

Green Pro Clean Ltd

My wife does not even have access to details like that!

:thumbsup:

Part Timer

I bought a 2yr old Vivaro and fitted it out with a factory installed 650l RO hot water system with booster pump etc etc, so paid quite a bit more. It was also done with absolutely no window cleaning business experience and absolutely no customers. Just fortunate I had the money to finance a new business and not have to get work at any cost. Cost of equipment is all relative to your own financial circumstances, all I would advise is always leave enough in the kitty to be able to survive for 6 months if something goes wrong.

chris clean
I bought a 2yr old Vivaro and fitted it out with a factory installed 650l RO hot water system with booster pump etc etc, so paid quite a bit more. It was also done with absolutely no window cleaning business experience and absolutely no customers. Just fortunate I had the money to finance a new business and not have to get work at any cost. Cost of equipment is all relative to your own financial circumstances, all I would advise is always leave enough in the kitty to be able to survive for 6 months if something goes wrong.

Cheers for the replies guys, @Green Pro Clean Ltd my wife won't be told that info by me either

Yeah cheers partimer. I started off with what u could afford when I first started and only went he backpack option in case it fell flat but a year or serious graft has built a nice well paying round and the advertising plus word of moth/ walk ups is meaning its growing weekly so I now have total faith in spending serious cash on going bigger. The other big thing for me is i had always wanted to be self employed but you have know till you try it. I love it and love the lifestyle. It's definately a case now of speculate to accumulate.

Minty

Always a new van, I can't fix that

Always DIY kit as I can fix that!

simon

i paid for my van over 5 yrs, became mine in november, and although the end price was hellish its been well worth it, i had poles and backpack from 5 yr in a car so only bought a tank, hose reel and pump box so about £600

David K

DIY with hotwater , around 1600 pounds total . Would go DIY any Day , you get to costumize and get all the nitty nerdy bits you want . Like having a system thats MY system.;) The great thing is the knowledge of knowing exactly where and how to repair anything ( almost) on the spot , having a variety of spares onboard always. Beacause you built it , you know what to Carry! :thumbsup: