Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Scratch nightmare

Beer

Hello friends I have recently had a shut couple of days and had a customer cancel saying the brush had scratched her back window but her back window was in awful condition in the first place ??? Any views on this I use a vikan soft brush

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Aslong as you had the water flowing while you scrubbed, and also didn't touch the glass with the stock of the brush it couldn't have been you. Soft bristles and flowing water will never trap grit and drag it against the glass enough to scratch.

You could just ignore it and move on. Or clean your brush and hand it to her and say "if you can scratch the glass with this brush I'll replace the unit"

It won't change her mind and she will probably still cancel, but It will atleast show her you didn't do it.

Those vikans have rubber edges on the stock so no way you could scratch it

Tell her to do one

i managed to scatch glass with a gardiners extreme brush i did the insides on the previous visit and they weren't there and they were long curves like the brush movement, he showed me before id finished the house so not much i could do about it, still don't understand how, must of picked up a bit of grit maybe

i managed to scatch glass with a gardiners extreme brush i did the insides on the previous visit and they weren't there and they were long curves like the brush movement, he showed me before id finished the house so not much i could do about it, still don't understand how, must of picked up a bit of grit maybe

I bet you just hadn't noticed them on the first clean. Plus the fact pure water has an annoying habit of cleaning better over the first few cleans, so you could have washed dirt out of the scratch, revealing it more.

Unless you were dragging the plastic stock of the brush along the glass then I can almost guarantee it wasn't you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet you just hadn't noticed them on the first clean. Plus the fact pure water has an annoying habit of cleaning better over the first few cleans, so you could have washed dirt out of the scratch, revealing it more.
Unless you were dragging the plastic stock of the brush along the glass then I can almost guarantee it wasn't you.
i had cleaned them 5 times & the previous time did insides, i still find it hard to believe. me & him took the brush off & went over the glass with it & he couldn't see how it had happened either but the scratches were there.

i had cleaned them 5 times & the previous time did insides, i still find it hard to believe. me & him took the brush off & went over the glass with it & he couldn't see how it had happened either but the scratches were there.
Previous windy?

What can scratch the windows

1 resting the brush head on brick walls for a break and then clean the windows

2 droping the wfp on the ground. (I done that a few times)

3 driving about with wfp tie to the roof rack

If you haven't done any of those three then you're just very unlucky.

I sometime leave the brush head in a bucket over night in pure water to clean it.

Never exp. It myself , but if i feel the brush is dirty i just turn it on and run my fingers thru a couple of times. As Dave Said , dont rest on a brick wall or Lay on the ground bristles downwards.

Ok

What can scratch the windows

1 resting the brush head on brick walls for a break and then clean the windows

2 droping the wfp on the ground. (I done that a few times)

3 driving about with wfp tie to the roof rack

If you haven't done any of those three then you're just very unlucky.

I sometime leave the brush head in a bucket over night in pure water to clean it.
OK so when this happens, how do you get the grit off the bristles?  Run hand through it with water flowing? 

Ok
OK so when this happens, how do you get the grit off the bristles?  Run hand through it with water flowing? 
Just do the 10 times quickly it will shake it off

The only time I’ve ever had to claim on my insurance was when a staff member picked up a stone and proceeded to clean a glass roof all 18 2m panels had to be replaced by Everest cost the insurance £7k

I have only had this problem twice and they where both new houses i was told it was prob there but because wfp better clean it shows scraches up from previous cleans i would say this is prob right as i have never had long term regular costomer have this problem only 2 one on the first clean and one on the second

Back