Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window cleaner 1 customer 0

WCF

Help Support WCF:

laurend

Hi, have had a customer for around 6 yrs originally trad but wfp coming up for 3 years.

Lately, on the next clean she has been saying there were marks on the windows after my last visit yet when I look the windows are fine, just the expected amount of dirt after 6 weeks.

She rang me yesterday and said when you next come please can you dry all the windows so there are no marks!

So today I'm at the house and she's out so I've cleaned the windows as usual and decided to hang around and wait for them to dry( took about half an hour)then I got on my ladder and checked every window and found nothing!( no surprise) as I'm packing the van away she turns up and says " I hope you've dried the windows "

"No, I've let them dry as normal and checked every window and they're fine "

" I'd like to check them myself " she says and off she goes checking the windows while I sat in the van.

Five minutes later she comes out and has to admit, through gritted teeth they are fine.

I should've taken a photo of her miserable face as I waved goodbye saying" see you in 6 weeks!"

1-0 to the window cleaner.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I had one like that not long ago. Text me to say can yiu dry them off next time as they left marks.

Ok I said I'll have a look. When I went o couldn't find anything wrong and cleaned as normal and billed her.

She paid and never said anything.

It leaves marks she says, no it doesn't says I. Yes it does...who is the window cleaner love? Do you think if it left marks I would be using it everyday?

I had one this morning. I've been doing her house four-weekly since last June. She's normally not home although I've seen her as she's been leaving in the morning once or twice. Last month she apparently arrived home shortly after I'd been and today her other half was home while I was there. She knows how wfp works as I explained it when we first met. She can sometimes be slow with paying and occasionally forgets to unlock the gate. I should have probably ditched her by now to be honest. I'm waiting for her to get back to me later and then I'll take great delight in telling her that I'm not coming back.

You_Doodle_2017-04-06T15_55_09Z.jpg I

You_Doodle_2017-04-06T15_54_10Z.jpg

i had a chap mention marks, when i looked up at bedrooms i could see swirley marks where they had cleaned inside, i mentioned this and that was that

The amount of times I've had complaints of marks and it's turned out to be on the inside. I've yet to have one customer show me a mark on the outside from my water. Thankfully I haven't had any complaints for a while now. The only people I find are a problem are the ones who can't deal with the windows being left wet, even if you can show them when they dry they look perfect they still can't cope with a wet window.

Hi, have had a customer for around 6 yrs originally trad but wfp coming up for 3 years.Lately, on the next clean she has been saying there were marks on the windows after my last visit yet when I look the windows are fine, just the expected amount of dirt after 6 weeks.

She rang me yesterday and said when you next come please can you dry all the windows so there are no marks!

So today I'm at the house and she's out so I've cleaned the windows as usual and decided to hang around and wait for them to dry( took about half an hour)then I got on my ladder and checked every window and found nothing!( no surprise) as I'm packing the van away she turns up and says " I hope you've dried the windows "

" I'd like to check them myself " she says and off she goes checking the windows while I sat in the van.

Five minutes later she comes out and has to admit, through gritted teeth they are fine.

I should've taken a photo of her miserable face as I waved goodbye saying" see you in 6 weeks!"

Go round and chin her husband for sticking his oar in.lol

the only time I get a complaint is ...

a custys says it looks all smeary .

in my head I say bet any money its inside . but what I say is oh really ill just pop up and have a look .

get back down , everything looks fine if you can do me a small favour just go up stairs and with a wet finger run your finger across the window ,

every time they've come down saying

oh I'm so sorry its inside .

in my head ... ***** .

on the outside , no worries love see you next time .

Hi, have had a customer for around 6 yrs originally trad but wfp coming up for 3 years.Lately, on the next clean she has been saying there were marks on the windows after my last visit yet when I look the windows are fine, just the expected amount of dirt after 6 weeks.

Yes had this many times.

In my experience, it's always best to be polite and explain to the customer how you clean the windows.

Many customers we have cleaned water fed for a while but they have never been home to see us.

In the customers defence, they don't know about window cleaning and are probably used to traditional. Nothing wrong with this, but they don't have the knowledge or experience to know otherwise.

Some people will appreciate you explaining how it works, some people will not accept the change.

However I'm big believer it's how confident and how you deal with this situation.

Remain professional polite you can't go wrong, you won't win them all. Buts that the game we play

Yes had this many times.In my experience, it's always best to be polite and explain to the customer how you clean the windows.

Many customers we have cleaned water fed for a while but they have never been home to see us.

In the customers defence, they don't know about window cleaning and are probably used to traditional. Nothing wrong with this, but they don't have the knowledge or experience to know otherwise.

Some people will appreciate you explaining how it works, some people will not accept the change.

However I'm big believer it's how confident and how you deal with this situation.

Remain professional polite you can't go wrong, you won't win them all. Buts that the game we play

I've only had 1 of late that's anti wfp. She's a family friend and about 95, so I'll just trad it

Any more of that and she would get proper dumped!

Latest Posts

Back