Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Some right miserable windys out there

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

In the areas i work new build estates ive noticed a couple of newbies in this area. they clean the odd one here and there, im a happy go lucky guy, talk to anyone, anyway tried talking to these 2 guys, Hard work, Right miserys. No feedback or sense of humour. i wont waste my time again with them. Poor customers. they must think we are all like that.

i usually like to have a NOSE in there vans, i today had the biggest brush ive ever seen, ex line, orange, must have been around 2 feet, haha, looked massive. he was using fan jets, the brush covered a lot of glass , im thinking i may get one, quicker cleaning

In the areas i work new build estates ive noticed a couple of newbies in this area. they clean the odd one here and there, im a happy go lucky guy, talk to anyone, anyway tried talking to these 2 guys, Hard work, Right miserys. No feedback or sense of humour. i wont waste my time again with them. Poor customers. they must think we are all like that.i usually like to have a NOSE in there vans, i today had the biggest brush ive ever seen, ex line, orange, must have been around 2 feet, haha, looked massive. he was using fan jets, the brush covered a lot of glass , im thinking i may get one, quicker cleaning

quicker cleaning! Not always. The brush is much heavier and takes a lot of energy to work it. In theory it should be quicker but you can't work when your arms are knackered.

quicker cleaning! Not always. The brush is much heavier and takes a lot of energy to work it. In theory it should be quicker but you can't work when your arms are knackered.

Totally agree, You need a overall balanced brush in weight and bristle splay to achieve a good working pace and great cleaning ability my preferred brush is a Gardiners Supreme Soft Hybrid.

Agreed I worked out my way yesterday cleaned driveway patio 2 bucket bobs turned up in estate car I wasn't really being nosey just stopped for lunch so watched them work they missed half the Windows then argued on customers driveway with each other shouting drags the industry down with poor quality workmanship

Gardiner do a 45cm 4 jet brush :wait:
This is an interesting brush to use, but it's too heavy for me and I can't use it for long. Hence my response to @johnny bravo. I borrowed it and soon returned it to its owner. I might try the 35cm one for our school clean in summer.

There is a YouTube video about where a cleaner who recommends an extra wide brush as an everyday residential brush. I tried that as well and found it too big and cumbersome.

The 35cm is the brush i use for day to day residential work

With a swivel it is great

Without it is impossible to get in the corners

Most windys round my way always speak but one who would rarely speak to me comes and talks to me every time he sees me and another one blanks me all the time despite chatting quite a bit over the years o_O

I also like to chat to other windys in the area, mainly because we have common ground doing the same job.

I get on well with most & could count on a few to help me out.

Some feel threatened I suppose or just aren't that sociable.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

A few of us round here all talk which is good as we pass jobs to each other or warn about bad customers we have dropped etc

Still have the odd miserable so and so

Back