Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Backpack system

lbcleaningservices

Just a few questions I've seen a lot of posts about conservatory roof cleaning whiles using a backpack system

Am I right in thinking you still use pure water in the system and add other cleaning products in with the water or just use normal water and add the cleaning product then rise the system after ?

Any advice be great cheers

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I think some do out put some until etc in back pack to apply it which is a good way to do it. I used to do that sometimes. No I just tend to use the back pack to wet the roof then dip brush in bucket of water with splash of ubik or whatever soap/ degreaser I wanna use. Scrub roof. Leave for a few mins then rinse.

Regarding using pure water for polycarbon roofs just use tap water for whole thing no need to waste pure. For glass or self clean etc use tap water first then to rinse and just use pure to give final wash down so it leaves spotless finish on the glass. No reason you can't use pure for all of it all if you want but bit of a waste and expense

I wet roof using custys hose, spray on chems, leave 5 mins, scrub, was off with custys hose, then go over missed bits with backpack and pole, quick wash of panels. Job done

If it is hot weather i use pure only on glass roofs when spraying on chems

I have in the past sprayed on chems with tap water and due to the high tds here after it dried on before i could scrub it left water marks on the glass which needed to be magic sponged off after

Tap water is fine to wash it off before rinsing as you won't let it dry before rinsing with pure

Fill the back pack with tap water and virosol at a mix rate of 10/1 spray on , leave for a few minutes scrub rinse with garden hose then finish off with pure job done . If a very hot day wet down first with garden hose .

Just buy a sprayer. Wilkos do a really good one (the one with the brass nozzle). There's not been a conservatory roof that this sprayer hasn't reached on my round.

Can't remember how much it was, but it was under a tenner :thumbsup:

I use 8 ltr spray bottle with ubik in it ,spray conny roof, connect there out side tap to my trolly wfp .scrub it all down rinse off then use a 20 ltr barrel of pure to rinse everything off

Latest Posts

Back