Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Why can't i find a canvassing company to do some canvassing?

Jason Hogben

Hi Wondered if anyone knows a canvassing company they could put me in touch with. Have texted and emailed two companies but no one gets back to you. Is this normal??

Jase

Thank you for your replies. I haven't the opportunity to get out in the evenings at the moment i'm afraid. Email one of the two companies mentioned but as yet no joy.

I know both Whizzbiz and Wildfire.  Those two are both reliable operations that will respond to you - they operate in different ways to each other but they're good at what they do.  I also run a canvassing operation and will respond to enquiries promptly.  

We paid Wizz Bizz  £350 deposit + £500 up front payment and only £120 of new work was delivered by now what is too little for this money. The campaign should have been finished 3 weeks ago and I do not understand why Mark do not answer the phone and emails. I have not done anything wrong.. just need our customers or refund but he does not care at all…

This is Mark’s email from 7/11/2017 confirming finishing the campaign the following Thursday. Cannot hear a word from him since then:

Hi Leo 

let’s meet at the station and you take me to the place you want , no misunderstandings then I’ll be Thursday next week,

I’m now advertising for slots next year , feel free to bring deposit money also :) 

I’d need £500 cash tomorrow and cards  please 

Thanks

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not pay for online advertising? Its far easier & cheaper. When you canvass you generally have to haggle on price a lot as well

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Why not pay for online advertising? Its far easier & cheaper. When you canvass you generally have to haggle on price a lot as well

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

It is cheaper, but you cant beat canvassing for getting compact work.

Best to do both, canvass or get an area canvassed to get a foothold and then target that area with online ads to keep it topped up.

Sent you a PM [mention=6190]anthony boulton[/mention]. As for haggling [mention=5882]Incheck[/mention] not a chance.  
Ones integrity will not be haggled for. [emoji23]

I will be working in Guildford all next week canvassing for another window cleaner but for those looking for professional canvassers click here. https://greenproclean.co.uk/canvasing-window-cleaners/
Lol i know what youre saying, but when you are out canvassing people know you need the work so will try and & get you to go lower, as has been said before on this forum people can smell desperation. Its a brilliant way to start out and its how we founded our business but haven’t canvassed for 3 winters now. A the hours trudging around on foot & when you need the loo every couple of hours its a nightmare if youre a mission away from a pub. To me it makes more sense to spend a bit here and there projecting an online image see. And we got so many messers from canvassing, the vast majority of people who have phoned us have been keepers whereas canvassing we must have lost around half along the way.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I was old school where I bought a few compact streets years ago and progressed organically, I've never knocked on doors, apart from bereavements or house move to retain compactness.
I've never fancied the canvassing route as generally if people don't have a Window Cleaner there's a reason for it, My areas do get canvassed from time to time and my customers show me flyers and tell me they've been doorstepped and what have you, and I've no problem with that. The competition might canvass one of my castoffs and you might see them for a few months and then they fall off the radar as it's not worth doing one house on a street, or they've been knocked by a customer.
If you do a good job and are personable you'll always be busy.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I  will certainly look in to on line advertising. but nearly all window cleaners I spoke to said,door nocking is the way to go.

But be very careful who you use .

When I first started a couple of years ago I used flyers 

A good way to start when funds are low response rate low as well but started me off,

I pick up new customers now through recommendation buy FAR the best way.

The extra work that I need know is for my son and the small van I stared with.

Have 3 leads already but the more the merry and any reviews on canvassers will be appreciated,

Thanks for all your advice and knowledge.

I  will certainly look in to on line advertising. but nearly all window cleaners I spoke to said,door nocking is the way to go.

But be very careful who you use .

When I first started a couple of years ago I used flyers 

A good way to start when funds are low response rate low as well but started me off,

I pick up new customers now through recommendation buy FAR the best way.

The extra work that I need know is for my son and the small van I stared with.

Have 3 leads already but the more the merry and any reviews on canvassers will be appreciated,

Thanks for all your advice and knowledge.
I have sent you a private message @anthony boulton, and also replied to your above comment.   We provide a full canvassing service for window cleaners across England.   You can call me anytime on 07581 128 101 or find more information here. https://greenproclean.co.uk/canvasing-window-cleaners/  Cheers. 

Back