Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Detergent For Caravan Cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Roland

Stafford PowerWash Services
What detergent would you use to clean a caravan?

I am a bit worried about the Perspex windows being damaged with something like UBIK.

Cleaned my own caravan where it is stored and have now got half a dozen enquiries from other owners, if you have cleaned caravans before what sort of price did you charge?

Wet down the whole caravan and use a tfr . Just don't let it dry
TFR? That almost wrecked a convey job of mine. Had to t-cut frames up to get rid of the rubber bleed
64b523465691d58d58522c715ae016a2.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

TFR? That almost wrecked a convey job of mine. Had to t-cut frames up to get rid of the rubber bleed
64b523465691d58d58522c715ae016a2.jpg

Not to have a dig @Alec but that's a sweeping statement. T.F.R. is just a generic term for Traffic Film Remover

Your photo (and I may be wrong here) looks like you sprayed it quite heavy and left too long.

With all this stuff you wet the surface, spay on a good dilution agitate with brush and then rinse off after just a couple of minutes.

All this 30 - 45 min dwell time is toss. Plastic has no porous surface to penetrate so you will always have reached maximum effectivness quickly in just a couple of minutes. Remember. It's always easier and safer to build up a weaker solution in layers than to go neat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to have a dig @Alec but that's a sweeping statement. T.F.R. is just a generic term for Traffic Film Remover
Your photo (and I may be wrong here) looks like you sprayed it quite heavy and left too long.

With all this stuff you wet the surface, spay on a good dilution agitate with brush and then rinse off after just a couple of minutes.

All this 30 - 45 min dwell time is toss. Plastic has no porous surface to penetrate so you will always have reached maximum effectivness quickly in just a couple of minutes. Remember. It's always easier and safer to build up a weaker solution in layers than to go neat.
Mate it was diluted & I washed it off straight away as could see the tear drops. It stained straight away

The bleed is from oxidised rubber. Going over the rubber a few times with TFR, PVC cleaner or similar removes the to layer of oxidisation. Clean, scrub then quickly rinse the rubber with water, repeat til it stops bleeding. Then clean the whole caravan with your cleaning solution. After its all clean, treat the rubber seals with an auto trim restore product - it helps seal the trim and slow down oxidisation for a while.

Back