Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Liquidator lines

WCF

Help Support WCF:

tony1

Hi all I would like to know what causes this problem with the liquidator I've included various pics where u can see the lines which see to be left from the edge of squeege.

Is this due to soap to much soap? I've tried adding to applicator 4 dots method and direct to glass it feels good doing the window and it looks good once done. But when the sun is blaring u can see these lines it's annoying me as I don't k ow what causes it.

IMG_6268.JPG

IMG_6269.JPG

IMG_6271.JPG

IMG_6272.JPG

I was getting this problem too mate,

I fixed it by adjusting the distance of my handle to the glass. I moved my hand closer to the glass when fanning, and the problem vanished.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I was getting this problem too mate,
I fixed it by adjusting the distance of my handle to the glass. I moved my hand closer to the glass when fanning, and the problem vanished.

What angle do u use on the liquidator I was finding 45 most comfortable and how about ure soap? I'm just using fairy.

What angle do u use on the liquidator I was finding 45 most comfortable and how about ure soap? I'm just using fairy.
I use 40 in hand, and just regular fairy, but I add the fairy to the applicator and not the bucket. As I find it gives me a good amount of slip on the glass too. How long have you been using them?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Around 5 days but the residue lines don't seem to go away I will try my hand closer to the glass and see if they go away.

Try a shallower fanning technique for the time being to mate, will you dial it in to work for you.

Also instead of having it straight, try having the channel at an angle. [\] imagine the brackets are the window and the slash is the channel. Helps me

Hi all I would like to know what causes this problem with the liquidator I've included various pics where u can see the lines which see to be left from the edge of squeege.
Is this due to soap to much soap? I've tried adding to applicator 4 dots method and direct to glass it feels good doing the window and it looks good once done. But when the sun is blaring u can see these lines it's annoying me as I don't k ow what causes it.
Looks like you squeegee is running out of water, so maybe need to put more on. You've got to get a balance between too much and too little water

Sames problem yesterday, worked a treat on side windows but then on the glass roof I just kept getting lines & smudges tried & tried but could not rectify the issue..

Sames problem yesterday, worked a treat on side windows but then on the glass roof I just kept getting lines & smudges tried & tried but could not rectify the issue..

The glass roof has probably got more of a build up of spotting and crud on it. I find the minute there seems to be drag of any kind on the blade, this will happen on tight turns. I have several car sales I do where the overspray from car washing has put calcium build up on the lower half of the glass. I found hard rubber and lots of slip the only answer and even then you have to be darn quick. It's pretty humbling when for days and days you truck along with no issue and then boom, like wading through mud.. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am still getting the arched lines tbh less than before but on large windows patio doors to get a perfect finish is seemingly impossible. Is there anyone that uses one of these that gets a perfect window in sunlight that isn't sponsored to use one?

What is the best alternative standard channel squeege to go for as I need more confidence in knowing I'm going to leave a perfect window on large windows.?

First of all I'd like to make it clear that none of us testers are 'sponsored'. Apart from 1x prototype and 1x release model Excelerator and 14" channel and Fliq we pay for almost all of our gear. We are under no obligation to 'hide' issues if we're having them. When we are sent prototypes to try and Moerman aren't ready for them to be made public we are asked not to show or comment. This is perfectly reasonable. I personally don't have these issues unless

1. The rubber is worn excessively at the tips

2. Is not set and cut and aligned pedantically at the ends

3. Incorrect angle is being applied on the turn.

4. Finally, as much as it pisses some off, my suggestion is to pin the rubber at the clip using retention pins...Bob's paper clip bits, a short length of plastic tie or the Unger Green Clips... this is with the current V2 clip. It holds the rubber firm and secure and allows zero movement on the turn.

If you have a normal (non dog-eared) channel and are using the Excelerator handle swap the Liquidator channel for the standard one and try it. At the end of the day Tony only you can nail the issue. From experience the guys who have the most problems are Wide Channel (Sorbo, NInja) and those who blade very quickly using the dive bomb technique with standard channels. Moving from either requires a real shift in technique and workflow. If all else fails? Bin it and go back to the status quo. The sun will still rise in the morning.

I am new to window cleaning so this is the first squeegee I have tried. I do like it and the no detailing is great but them arched lines. I have done the paper clip mod and the rubbers I am using are the precut moermans own.

Will other normal channels work fine in the excelerator handle? If so what channel can u recommend to give a go? If not what complete standard squeegee is best to go with unger or splus or ettorre

I am new to window cleaning so this is the first squeegee I have tried. I do like it and the no detailing is great but them arched lines. I have done the paper clip mod and the rubbers I am using are the precut moermans own.
Will other normal channels work fine in the excelerator handle? If so what channel can u recommend to give a go? If not what complete standard squeegee is best to go with unger or splus or ettorre
What size have you got Tony. If you've got some spare rubber, take the clips off the channel cut a new rubber to length and try it as a standard channel. If you've got the 14 it will now be a normal 12" channel. This isn't a permanent solution for you but will let you gauge what's happening on the turns. if you still get them then you need to practice and pedantically adjust your technique. If you don't get them then it's definitely an angle issue because of the dog-ear. This will then help you with your decision on either trying to sort it, or move to something else. Yes, most other standard channels will fit.

....nearly forgot. Weather is getting warmer your side of the planet yes? You could try the Moerman Hard rubber. I personally find it works beautifully in the Liquidator and last longer as well...

Last edited by a moderator:
or would one of thes channels work with excelerator? i have a toolstation near me also
Window Cleaning Channel & Rubber 35cm - Toolstation
If I was wanting to try a standard squeegee I'd go for the blue Unger. I own the green Ergotec handle and some channels and they're SS. Some of the guys on here may want to confirm that the Blue is identical...I haven't ever sighted or used one.

I have 14 & 10 but found it easier and quicker sometimes to use 10" on windows where I would normally have used a larger squeegee . Also slowing down a little and concentrating on turns helped me .

Back