Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

gutter cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Johnny

Hi I'm think about buying a streamline gutter vac machine with the pole and camera.

my questions are is there a lot of demand for this service,

any one offering gutter cleaning service and could give an idea on how many jobs I could expect to receive a month?

I would imagine depends on area demand etc. If you are just wanting to do solely gutter Clearing it's very difficult to keep getting lots of work in without a lot of marketing of all forms. I've had to friends but Gutter vacs, one lost his job and wanted to just do gutter Clearing, the other was a window cleaner and had the idea to eventually drop WC and just do gutters as he felt more lucrative. Neither worked out and both have to have regular WC work to make it work. I have a machine just to offer an extra service and at certain times of year (spring, autumn) gutter Clearing is popular and great for extra money. I would always advise offer a few services.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

It varies, between Oct and march I've done 4, I've done 3 already this week, and 3 bungalows, 2 houses and an apex job tomorrow between 2 of us. All small jobs so 45mins each in and out using wfp and a progutter. Also got another 15 to do by end of May so far, they don't call it silly season for nothing!!

I get asked occasionally from regulars but its only maybe one job a month If that.

But I'm sure others will get asked a lot more.

I used to do all my gutter clears off ladders with a harris pole and some pro gutter tool attachments. Followed the hype and bought a gutter vac and to be honest NOT mega impressed, if they are bad you gotta get the ladders out.

Best to just use your ladders and some gutter pro tools. So no need to splash out, just start with ladders etc and see how you get on. I wish i had borrowed a vac now, cuz for sure I would not of bothered buying one.

Back