Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Deal closing India / Asian clients.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

i just say ive too much on now, cant be bothered with them adding extra things to clean, for no extra because you are already cleaning here.

ive had enough of them

@johnny bravo Your positivity echoes far and wide! /emoticons/tongue.png

If I get asked to do add on stuff when I'm busy, the price is vastly increased to be honest. Supply and demand...

Saying that I know what you mean, yesterday I'm finishing off a standard house with a conny. Literally on the last window of said conny and I'm asked 'are you not doing the roof too?'

First job of the day, and it bothered me until lunch time haha

i always state what they have requested and what they are paying me to do. anything else will have to be priced to do. Stand your ground. dont let them take the pish as they will try to do, its in there nature. People still dont think we run our workload as a bussiness, they dont think we should be earning large amounts of cash just for cleaning. little do they know.

i heard some ground workers saying i would be earning around £10 per hour, i turned and said trebble it sometimes quadruple that. they couldnt believe what i was saying. they will be thinking to what they are earning, around £10 - £13 per hour, made me smile

One of my favourite customers is Asian. The total opposite of the typical stereotype. One of the nicest guys I have ever come across.

I add 10-20% to the price for the inevitable haggle down/'freebies'.

I get the price I want and they get to knock me down a bit, everyone a winner!

Typical example the other day - windows and small patio pressure wash, haggled down from £70 to £50. Job took 90 mins :1_wink:

They are the customer - of course they're going to try to get the best deal possible.  There's the easy customer - who just accepts the price - nice, steady.  And there's the difficult customer who wants to know he's getting a fair deal - takes a lot of work to get them, but once you've got them they'll recommend you to their family and friends.  

Swings and roundabouts

i just say ive too much on now, cant be bothered with them adding extra things to clean, for no extra because you are already cleaning here.

ive had enough of them

Me too. I had one call me last week. Looked at it via google, looked like a £20/25 job. I said £35 every 8 weeks. She texts back, last window cleaner charged £20. The word 'last' window cleaner was a give away.

I didn't bother replying, can't be arsed with all the shenanigans.

Forgot to say - almost without fail you will get offered a cuppa. Whether you like your tea brewed on the hob in a saucepan is another matter :1f602: :1f61c:

Back