Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Can't get my water below 010

WCF

Help Support WCF:

If the resin is good it should clean up whatever it comes out at. RO output sounds ok....

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

What is your tds after RO before the d.i?have you back flushed your system?I'm no expert Spruce is the one for that other than that it could just be dud spent resin.
You've asked the right question @Cghwindowcleaning.

It would also help if we knew what the r/o was, what the tap water tds is and what resin vessel @tommy15468 is using.

@tommy15468. Its important to know the tap water tds and the pure tds from the r/o as that is the only way to see the condition of the membrane.

If your tap water has a tds of 100 and the pure water from the r/o before the di vessel is 10, then the membrane needs replacing as its efficiency is 90%. An r/o will be working efficiently if the percentage of dissolved solids it removes from the water is between 99 and 97%. So using this example, the output from the r/o should be between 1 and 3 ppm.

You will immediately realise that you will use a lot more resin polishing the water off at 10ppm than you would at 2ppm; theoretically 5 times more. If you have one of the RoMan type r/o's with the third filter housing as a resin vessel, then the resin isn't going to last the proverbial 5 minutes as the resin container is very small.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back