tench0771

bizzness in a box any good ??

tench0771

thinking about adding pressure wash to my bizzness is this a good start or a wast of money

Cristian

You don't need the telescopic lance and depends what your cleaning the FSC . What do you wish to clean and is it residential only or residential and commercial?

Edited by Guest

Duncs

sure package like that tench would be gd idea

sure the guys could splash some gd ideas on it

tench0771

its just for residential realy i do clean awnings so the lance would come in handy i ges

Cristian

You will find the telescopic lance is extremely whipy when using at height but that's upto yourself if you want to use one. I would add a turbo nozzle to your shopping list as you really need one and I would say in small areas you will not need a FSC. The biz in a box you show looks good but as always there is so much choice out there at different budgets.

Cristian
image.png.a5448b0640477b259c6e397879b478f3.png I just purchased a system from Jetmac, won't get delivery until Tuesday with the holidays. I went for a 12 lpm machine at 3000psi which equates to 9000 Cleaning Power Units which will be enough for what I'm going to be using it for and never cost me a fortune either but is made up from reliable quality components.

Cristian

Cost £25 for delivery to Scotland by TNT

Chris33

I got one of these for smallish work. Will upgrade when need to.

5915cb4eb0682__3(3).JPG.d90d241aafed08428ea7516e302b6e94.JPG

Cristian

What's the flow rate on that unit Chris, never seen that make before!

Chris33

Same as yours mate 12 lpm.

I tried it on parents decking and it made short work of it. Ain't used the turbo nozzle yet.

Cristian

12 lpm at that psi will be just fine, the way I see it unless your doing huge areas you don't need a 21 lpm plus machine running a FSC. Using a turbo nozzle you will see the cleaning power straight away and no tiger stripes :thumbsup:

Chris33

@Christian I is working mostly gutters as an add on at moment but plan this to be my most lucrative add on..once I know what's what with it all.

Your machine looks good. Where in Scotland are ya mate?

Cristian

Thanks , I'm hoping it will perform well. And power washing done properly can earn really good money for sure. I'm in sunny Ayrshire Chris :D

Edited by Guest

Chris33

As you'll know up here so many cow boys away washing mono with no thought to seal it though..and doing for next to nothing.

Duno about you but I plan to build skills and a portfolio for the van.

My gran was from Airdrie I believe and I away to get this van next week.

Renault Traffic 2009, Diesel, 12 months MOT, 3 months RAC warranty. | in Kirkintilloch, Glasgow | Gumtree

Not a million miles from ya

Cristian

That's a nice van and a great price, strange as I'm waiting to hear back regarding a Vauxhall Vivaro which is a clone of the Trafic. I love the styling and they are good reliable vans with good payloads and most have solid bulkheads fitted.

I wouldn't worry at all about who's doing what, it's the same as the Windows , plenty of Cowboys doing them too! Just get the practice in around your own home first getting to grips with the gear, how to set it up what nozzle to use etc etc.

Remember to always use eye protection with all the PPE when using the machine and don't point the nozzle towards any part of your body or you could risk a high pressure water injection if you accidentally pulled the trigger.

I have an industrial back ground and have had plenty experience with jetting equipment and power washers so I'm up to speed with the basics etc and spent a good time in the past power washing stuff.

And yes, a portfolio of completed jobs all nice and neat in a folder to show perspective customers is a must I would say for pressure washing and soft washing. This is something I will be doing too. In the picture of things just make your own mark , you set the standard and do the best job possible at a fair price and a good reputation will follow!

And Airdrie not too far away! :thumbsup:

Cristian
image.jpeg.e0f38c2d0d40af02520a2e4fbb5974ab.jpeg [ATTACH=full]14258[/ATTACH] The van I'm looking at Edited by Guest

Chris33

@Christian is it new shape your after? I seen a few x bt vivaros on eBay near you. There was one at 80 000 I think. Approx 06 to 07 plate gets you one for about 3500 I think. Or rather 3500 gets that spec of Van!

Reason I want this one is cos I have heard some stories about the older vivaro belts going where as 07 onward is a chain I believe.

Thanks for the advice..imagine phoning in sick with a water injection haha oh wait we don't need to worry about that here :cool:

Chris33

I spoke to him today haha was looking at part xing my van..his name is ewan I think

I leave it with ya but looks clean and also was owned by local sign writing company he said..small world

Cristian

Yep seen those ones, I think it's Lomond vans that's selling those ex BT ones. I'm not too sure when the chains were fitted but you could be right. And hope that van turns out to be a good one for you, it can be a nightmare finding a good second hand van as you know! And no worries on the advise, oh a high pressure water injection can kill you so be careful. And I cringe when I see folk using high pressure without safety goggles or visor, they must think their eyes will grow back :eek:

Cristian

Oh, yes , I'm trying to find a new shape and the best I can find for my meger budget

Chris33

Happy New van days mate. Fingers crossed they both work out ok for us ;)

Roland

Turbo nozzle, FSC and a lance with interchangeable nozzles will cover all eventualities.