Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

bizzness in a box any good ??

You don't need the telescopic lance and depends what your cleaning the FSC . What do you wish to clean and is it residential only or residential and commercial?

Last edited by a moderator:
You will find the telescopic lance is extremely whipy when using at height but that's upto yourself if you want to use one. I would add a turbo nozzle to your shopping list as you really need one and I would say in small areas you will not need a FSC. The biz in a box you show looks good but as always there is so much choice out there at different budgets.

image.png I just purchased a system from Jetmac, won't get delivery until Tuesday with the holidays. I went for a 12 lpm machine at 3000psi which equates to 9000 Cleaning Power Units which will be enough for what I'm going to be using it for and never cost me a fortune either but is made up from reliable quality components.

Same as yours mate 12 lpm.

I tried it on parents decking and it made short work of it. Ain't used the turbo nozzle yet.

12 lpm at that psi will be just fine, the way I see it unless your doing huge areas you don't need a 21 lpm plus machine running a FSC. Using a turbo nozzle you will see the cleaning power straight away and no tiger stripes :thumbsup:

@Christian I is working mostly gutters as an add on at moment but plan this to be my most lucrative add on..once I know what's what with it all.

Your machine looks good. Where in Scotland are ya mate?

Thanks , I'm hoping it will perform well. And power washing done properly can earn really good money for sure. I'm in sunny Ayrshire Chris /emoticons/biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a nice van and a great price, strange as I'm waiting to hear back regarding a Vauxhall Vivaro which is a clone of the Trafic. I love the styling and they are good reliable vans with good payloads and most have solid bulkheads fitted.

I wouldn't worry at all about who's doing what, it's the same as the Windows , plenty of Cowboys doing them too! Just get the practice in around your own home first getting to grips with the gear, how to set it up what nozzle to use etc etc.

Remember to always use eye protection with all the PPE when using the machine and don't point the nozzle towards any part of your body or you could risk a high pressure water injection if you accidentally pulled the trigger.

I have an industrial back ground and have had plenty experience with jetting equipment and power washers so I'm up to speed with the basics etc and spent a good time in the past power washing stuff.

And yes, a portfolio of completed jobs all nice and neat in a folder to show perspective customers is a must I would say for pressure washing and soft washing. This is something I will be doing too. In the picture of things just make your own mark , you set the standard and do the best job possible at a fair price and a good reputation will follow!

And Airdrie not too far away! :thumbsup:

@Christian is it new shape your after? I seen a few x bt vivaros on eBay near you. There was one at 80 000 I think. Approx 06 to 07 plate gets you one for about 3500 I think. Or rather 3500 gets that spec of Van!

Reason I want this one is cos I have heard some stories about the older vivaro belts going where as 07 onward is a chain I believe.

Thanks for the advice..imagine phoning in sick with a water injection haha oh wait we don't need to worry about that here :cool:

I spoke to him today haha was looking at part xing my van..his name is ewan I think

I leave it with ya but looks clean and also was owned by local sign writing company he said..small world

Yep seen those ones, I think it's Lomond vans that's selling those ex BT ones. I'm not too sure when the chains were fitted but you could be right. And hope that van turns out to be a good one for you, it can be a nightmare finding a good second hand van as you know! And no worries on the advise, oh a high pressure water injection can kill you so be careful. And I cringe when I see folk using high pressure without safety goggles or visor, they must think their eyes will grow back :eek:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock