Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Swallow poop!! Help

LIXRHI

A few areas of my round suffer badly with swallow mess (the small yellow marks) cleaning the glass Traditional was never a problem as it just scrapped off. But I changed over to wfp end of last year and now the swallows are back i find that I can't remove their mess no matter how much I soak and scrub! Does anyone have an idea of what to use to remove it please?

Thanks.

Liam

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Gardiner super scraper on you pole I have a few farm houses that have the swallow nests, soak then flip you pole over then scrape, the worst is yet to come as soon as the chicks get better so does the crrapp.

I have them on all my poles apart from the my clx4 an d honestly wouldn't be without them, especially this time of year with the insect And pooo on the increase.

Since the local council have filled in a couple of local lakes we hardly see house martins (swallows) that used to make that mess thankfully.

Did a house today though, and one window looked like the birds had had a party over it. It was plastered in all directions. I can't imagine what they were doing to get only one window like that but what a mess.

My first approach is usually to wet it then bounce the brush rapidly over the muck. The inner bristles 'stab' at the muck and loosen most muck quite quickly. Failing that, patience, and if it's real bad I carry a spare pole and scraper. Hardly ever need to use it though. Last spring was the last time it came out of the car. I've got a feeling I may have to use it next week though

I don't have a scraper

There is nothing that my first clean mix of screwfix no nonsense degreaser/dash of hypo in a spray bottle won't remove

Even those yellow waxy blobs?
Super scraper flip pole over gone in a second or two stubborn bird poop or insect poop for anyone that hasn't used one try it out this is the perfect time now, I use a flock brush 50% of the time due to leaded, painted windows trying to scraper dried on poop takes a age with a flock brush imo a very useful tool to have attached to your pole.

Super scraper flip pole over gone in a second or two stubborn bird poop or insect poop for anyone that hasn't used one try it out this is the perfect time now, I use a flock brush 50% of the time due to leaded, painted windows trying to scraper dried on poop takes a age with a flock brush imo a very useful tool to have attached to your pole.
I've got the super scraper and wouldn't be without it. In my opinion waxy poop needs scraping as its that hard I couldn't see a chem mix agitating it.

Anyone thought of offering to put up plastic bird spikes on those problem homes, I don't have a ladder so not for me but it has crossed my mind

Anyone thought of offering to put up plastic bird spikes on those problem homes, I don't have a ladder so not for me but it has crossed my mind
Maybe some people would want them personally I think they look ugly especially on a domestic, where would you put them on the sills?

I bought a scraper attached for my slx pole but I can't pull my gooseneck off to attach it. Is there any tips on how I can pull apart without breaking it?
Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
I had the same problem with one of our poles took two of us one holding the gooseneck while the other pulled the pole was even more difficult putting the scraper and gooseneck back on but managed it with brute force.

Latest Posts

Back