Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Only my second Roof soft wash

KieMan

Happy with results. Always a bit scary approaching something you have not had much experience with. But getting more confident in results.

IMG_3340.JPG

IMG_3335.JPG

IMG_3330.JPG

IMG_3333.JPG

Looking good, what did you use a hypo mix, I would say at 3% for that growth?
Thanks mate, not mixing my own hypo yet. Gone the more expensive but safer route on Benz Black Wash. mixed it 4 to 1 in 20l drum. To applications upper and lower level, then treated with biocide. Probably used £30 of Chem's and charged £490 so happy with outlay to return.

Nice, that's a 2% mix 4/1 as blackwash has 10% active ingredient in it! And I think that's the best way to finish on any softwashing job is to apply biocide for a much longer lasting result for the customer!

Yep, nice surface for a soft-wash with good results.

This situation I also would have simply soft washed, no need for a power washer. The smooth tiles always clean up easy so keep an eye out for them as they are much nicer to work on than concrete or terracotta / clay that quite often will need a good power wash first.

Around me it's only Pikeys that use power washers on Roofs. There is no way on Earth I'm going down that route! If someone's roof is thick with moss I ain't touching it!

If you dont have the skill set for it then I applaud you for staying away from it. Smart move. :thumbsup:
Same as me Cristian - if Roof is heavily invested with moss and needs power washing we simply say sorry our softwash approach will not work. As we do it off towers and can only remove so much moss with our scrapers and wire brushes on poles. Always good to manage customer expectations.

Back