Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Conservatorys arhhg! Advice needed

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Johnny

Hi I've cleaned 2 conservatives so far and I can never get the roofs right.

Both had glass roofs and to be honest I wasn't happy with either of them.

I've been using wfp to clean them and I'm starting to think it may be my method or the wrong method all together.

I scrubbed the roof and rinsed and rinsed and rinsed always bits of dirt Ive been thinking of getting a spray jet and running the pure water through it.

What am I doing wrong it's right ******* me off.

All adviced much appreciated.

How would you clean a glass roof.

Try rinsing on the glass, start at the top and move side to side as you come down the glass. Glass roofs are a PITA and little bits always seem to show after you've rinsed, it's like **** has fallen out of the air and makes you think WTF!

Your telling me I started to really get the hump theres got to be a faster and more effective way. What did you think about the spray jet

I won't clean glass roofs unless I have access (and permission) to use a customers outside tap. I hook up a hose and scrub and then rinse the hell out of it to flush out all the little bits. Then I give it a final rinse with pure.

Your telling me I started to really get the hump theres got to be a faster and more effective way. What did you think about the spray jet
Running pure through a spray jet like as in a xhose XHOSE High Pressure Water Jet Universal Fit Garden Hose XHOSE As Seen On TV | eBay

Waste of pure. Hook up to custy's outside tap if poss to get the muck loosened. Then rinse with pure when you think most of the muck has run off the roof. Clean outsides of the gutters and end bars before starting your final rinse as muck from them sprays back onto the roof.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have been known to get fed up with the little bits and if there rain in the forecast say that the rain will get the little bits off. It does, although it is a bit of a cop out. Another one I've done it blast the join of the glass and PVC with a pencil jet before I start, that's where most of is comes from

I have one that is cleaned every 5 weeks thought it was me but owners are at work and never had a complaint so far so assume when it dries bits blow away

Reading the title of the thread I thought the conservatives were getting you down already in the run up to the general election, and you was after advice on who to vote for

Glass roofs can be a nightmare, like you have noticed they just dont seem to rinse.

You scrub the hell out of it and rinse, its dries and its covered in bits.

Another hour goes by and you are still trying to rinse the thing, there always seems to be one bit left

In the end you grab the cash and run and think never again.

You need to have a good close look at the roof when quoting and go in high. horrible things, if you are doing the inside as well god help you.

I clean one regular on my 4 weekly round as she says no matter what she does it never looks clean (its self cleaning glass). Everytime i do it i cringe as it looks shite, she agrees its not great but better than if i dont do it so happy to have it done.

Last edited by a moderator:
if they are minging spray ubik on brush gd scrub then really gd rinse

remember your brush is full of ubik when carrying on cleaning ,must rinse of the glass after

just mind folk wont pay the cash to get there connys cleaned properly

I've also found that on the final rinse it helps to point or angle the brush head toward you. That way the flow from the jets is driving the dirt bits in the right direction down the glass.

I hate cleaning conservatory roofs btw.

Hi I've cleaned 2 conservatives so far and I can never get the roofs right.
Both had glass roofs and to be honest I wasn't happy with either of them.

I've been using wfp to clean them and I'm starting to think it may be my method or the wrong method all together.

I scrubbed the roof and rinsed and rinsed and rinsed always bits of dirt Ive been thinking of getting a spray jet and running the pure water through it.

What am I doing wrong it's right ******* me off.

All adviced much appreciated.

How would you clean a glass roof.
Yeah I hate the conservatives too

Hate them aswell, got absolutely boiled in one today along with the sun drying the tfr in, told myself never again also lol

Hate them aswell, got absolutely boiled in one today along with the sun drying the tfr in, told myself never again also lol
Did an inside only on one today, swore a bit and Said never again...

But got another booked in tomorrow in and out :laugh:

I'll moan about that one later

Last edited by a moderator:
got one comin up, polycarb roof and they've boarded up and plastered the inside of the roof, Easy money. The same day I've got a 15 year old conny roof that's never been cleaned, should be fun! I enjoy them, no one else round where I work does them, so I get loads.

Just bought a conny roof ladder, I always thought I did a good job with wfp and Ubik but with one of these you can really make a pristine job.

Few negatives, they are expensive for what you get, there time consuming setting up and the job does take slightly longer.

The positives. The finish is far better, customers are very impressed, and more importantly you can charge far more and people are willing to pay.

I'm increasing prices on each new one that comes in and haven't hit any objections yet.

Back