Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Time off with Sickness.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

BigFoot

I've fallen behind two weeks with a combination of my three youngest developing fith diseas at the same time earlier on in the month and then me being hit with a nasty strain of tonsillitis I'm 9 days into it and am over the worst of it but am unable to speak without making my throats hurt bad and my energy levels are very low.

Anyway I've not contacted my customers ( keep on thinking I'll be alright in a day or two) but now feel I need to as it's longer than I anticipated getting better

has anyone been in this situation before and what do you find works best to keep them sweet.

I think maybe two options, either contact the customers that you have missed and be very apologetic and just say you will be back to the normal date next time(i.e. You miss them out once) to get back on track. The other option is to work out when, by doing an extra few houses a day/week and let them all know the situation. I've done the previous cancel a section and they were fine. You will probably get a mixed reaction but most will be fine and to those who don't then just ignore them. Try not to get stressed as I said most people will be fine. Do try and speak to them face to face and if not have a note to put through the door. Also put yourself in their position, whilst we all do a great job would we miss one clean?? I didn't. Hope you feel better soon

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Obviously the first is subject to affordability and missing out on the two weeks money.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I'll message this in the first place im just gutted I've been off while we've had tidy weather!

"Hi it's John the window cleaner just a quick message to apologise and update you as I'm behind on my round by 10 days. Ive been off work with a bad case of tonsillitis and the doctors final gave me antibiotics and am on the mend. I hope to catch up toward the end of the week/ beginning of next week. Sorry for the inconvenience. Regards John"

My brother said he would help out when I'm ready to work so that should help along with working Saturday.

I'll message this in the first place im just gutted I've been off while we've had tidy weather!"Hi it's John the window cleaner just a quick message to apologise and update you as I'm behind on my round by 10 days. Ive been off work with a bad case of tonsillitis and the doctors final gave me antibiotics and am on the mend. I hope to catch up toward the end of the week/ beginning of next week. Sorry for the inconvenience. Regards John"

My brother said he would help out when I'm ready to work so that should help along with working Saturday.
Think that is spot on, like I said most people will be fine.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I to had a house full of tonsillitis before easter and then we go on hoilday for a week at easter so got well behind I just carryed on where I left of when I got back soon caught up if anyone says anything just say you been ill most people understand

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I had 3 months off a good few years back and never lost one custy, I wouldn't worry to much as people appreciate that you can't work but also appreciate been kept in the loop and know to expect you in due course once you are fighting fit.

All the client wants is to be kept up to date.

Is there an issue ? Do they need to look for a new windy etc?

'Dear Customer. I'm very sorry to have not been on schedule this month. This is due a an awful bout of tonsilits that has knocked it out of me. I am hoping to be fit for work again in the next week or so and will be with you as soon as possible. I will of course keep you up to date with any changes. My thanks for your understanding and patience in this sitiation.

Kind regards, dying Windy'

You will get not a single grumble but you will ger several of them wishing you well and saying not to come back till your fit!

All the client wants is to be kept up to date.
Is there an issue ? Do they need to look for a new windy etc?

'Dear Customer. I'm very sorry to have not been on schedule this month. This is due a an awful bout of tonsilits that has knocked it out of me. I am hoping to be fit for work again in the next week or so and will be with you as soon as possible. I will of course keep you up to date with any changes. My thanks for your understanding and patience in this sitiation.

Kind regards, dying Windy'

You will get not a single grumble but you will ger several of them wishing you well and saying not to come back till your fit!
That's what I'm now finding after messaging them. I am a tad gutted that we have had great weather while ive been off though!

That's what I'm now finding after messaging them. I am a tad gutted that we have had great weather while ive been off though!
Very annoying and I bet you won't find many that haven't been in a similar situation. Give it a few months and you will look back on this and wonder why you even worried. It all works out in the end.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Ive just text about 20 of mine as i had fallen 2-3 weeks behind, went on holiday then was ill then got really busy lol

Everyone was fine

Back