Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Insuring Van with WFP ?

fandabby

Hi

We are getting a van and having a WFP system fitted. Van is arriving today and getting system fitted next week.

I need to get insurance for the van, what does everyone do here? Do you insure the van and equipment as a modification to the van or van as standard and wfp separate ?

Any companies you recommend or just a van insurance compare sort of site ?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with Aplan insurance, think they insure up to 600-650ltr tank, but check. I put in a ecotemp gas heater, which they insure as well, I've got a fiat doblo cost just under £34 a month. I've fitted 400ltr tank in a cage by a garage.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I'm with Aviva and they insured my van with a 650 liter bolted down tank. They will ask you if its been professionally fitted.

What's everyone paying a month? I know age and no claims and where people live come in to consideration I wouldn't mind a general idea myself incase I'm paying to much. I'm paying £109 a month and paid £200 Ish upfront that's with 6yrs no claims and the tank professionally fitted and if anything happens I get a van with a system in as a replacement

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

What's everyone paying a month? I know age and no claims and where people live come in to consideration I wouldn't mind a general idea myself incase I'm paying to much. I'm paying £109 a month and paid £200 Ish upfront that's with 6yrs no claims and the tank professionally fitted and if anything happens I get a van with a system in as a replacement

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

It all depends on the age and value of your motor, When I read that lads are paying less an £100 a month I think lucky blighters but their van could be 10 years old.

I pay just under £1,600 a year over 10 months with a fully fitted out wfp courtesy van included in the policy I have 7 years NCB but I drive a 65 plate L200 with a 400ltr diy fitted system

It all depends on the age and value of your motor, When I read that lads are paying less an £100 a month I think lucky blighters but their van could be 10 years old.
I pay just under £1,600 a year over 10 months with a fully fitted out wfp courtesy van included in the policy I have 7 years NCB but I drive a 65 plate L200 with a 400ltr diy fitted system
£1600! :eek:. Just been quoted £460 with Aviva for a brand new van.

Extra 68 quid for a Courtesy van

Latest Posts

Back