Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Astonish Pro Cleaning Paste 500g that you can use for UPVC frames

WCF

Help Support WCF:

davewindowcleaner

I was looking for something to make my kitchen sink look new again.

I saw this video below on YouTube below

[media]

[/media]
It mentions it can be use for UPVC frames which got my attention.

I bought one from Wilko for just £3. The link below.

Astonish Pro Cleaning Paste 500g

I tried it on my kitchen sink first. I gotta to say I'm really pleased with how it look. If my kitchen sink didn't have scratches you would think it a brand new.

Anyway I had ago on my UPVC sills, it powerful stuff and I personally would only use it for first clean jobs. It pretty much does what magic sponge does but with very little effort.

I am gonna go careful with this one but would be interested to see what others think of this.

IMG_20170425_164842537.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I use it and think it's fantastic. There's nothing I've not been able to get off with it that over cream cleaners have struggled with. The only downside to it I've found is that the lid isn't airtight so it starts to solidify after a while and my tub started to misshapen. It would be better it it came in a plastic screw top container in my opinion but as something for stubborn stains and dirt on PVC it's top notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Whenever I need it. Generally it's just first cleans to get them up to scratch but it's good to have it there for anything you come across that you have trouble shifting like the customer has left over residue from tape they've used to stick signs on front doors etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

The best thing i have found for upvc first cleans is screwfix degreaser and the slightest splash of hypo of a bigger splash of everyday bleach if you don't use hypo

The whitest frames and sills i have ever seen

But please if you have no experience of it don't mess with hypo..just add a splash of cheap supermarket bleach..

Last edited by a moderator:
I find degreaser can sometimes cause issues when trad as it will make old rubbers bleed

Bleach/hypo however doesn't do that

I am talking very small amounts of hypo/bleach..not strong enough to even burn on my bare hands but it does remove so much muck

These were black and green frames before i cleaned them as not done for years..i softwashed the walls also

That was just bleach and soap

Screenshot_20170425-203334.jpg

If i get bottoms like that now i will use degreaser and then wfp them knowing that next time i can trad them and have no issues

Back