Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Repeat Business

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Williams Jet Wash

Williams jet wash Services
Just Wanted to share a Small recent victory of mine

I keep a diary each year containing work carried out with customer file notes

so I.e Mr John smith

landline number//contact number

address directions to address

work carried out i.e powerwash patio concrete pathway approx 150m2 time taken 6 hours, outside tap poor flow of water paid xyz by cheque

work carried out on 23/04/2016

so flicking through the diary yesterday found a tasty job completed a year ago rang his landline had a quick chat etc etc and said we typically make the patio cleaning etc an annual thing if you'd like to go ahead and have the work carried out again we have time in May- was very happy with work carried out last time- booked in the conversation can only go 2 ways

Yes//No

having said this it's great when they get back in contact with you but in can be case people forget your details lose your details or even just put of making that initial phone call

for me the sake of a 2minute initially embarassing conversation ive just secured myself a £450 for a days work

ive found this to be great tool teamed up the other usual marketing routes

Just thought I'd share

This is something I'm looking into right now.

Just realised all the one off jobs I've done over the last couple of years could potentially be repeats.

After all this is how a lot of businesses operate.

Th way I'm going is set up an automated mailing list via email. I think mailchimp does it.

You do the job and get them to subscribe to your newsletter. Then every few months or whatever you can email everyone your latest offers etc. Of course you can compile an email list and manually email people as well.

This is something I'm looking into right now.
Just realised all the one off jobs I've done over the last couple of years could potentially be repeats.

After all this is how a lot of businesses operate.

Th way I'm going is set up an automated mailing list via email. I think mailchimp does it.

You do the job and get them to subscribe to your newsletter. Then every few months or whatever you can email everyone your latest offers etc. Of course you can compile an email list and manually email people as well.
Yes Adam heard of Mail chimp perhaps I will look in to that aswell- these phone calls are aimed at customers typically elderly typically old school off the radar type- I've directly emailed a few existing customers from one off work not a sausage back perhaps the email is less urgent//not read right or wrong when you have a chat and put them on spot I feel they're more likely than not to say "o go on then book me in"

Yes Adam heard of Mail chimp perhaps I will look in to that aswell- these phone calls are aimed at customers typically elderly typically old school off the radar type- I've directly emailed a few existing customers from one off work not a sausage back perhaps the email is less urgent//not read right or wrong when you have a chat and put them on spot I feel they're more likely than not to say "o go on then book me in"
The idea with the email is its a bit like leafletting you keep sending them out every couple of months to get your name into their head so when they do want it doing they think of you.

Cold calling is more like canvassing, likely to be more successfull because you are directly asking them and would work better if you wanted work fast.

Email can be automated so it's working away in the back ground for you.

Back