Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning Interior Windows

WCF

Help Support WCF:

S.W. Window Cleaning

Hi,

A friend of mine is thinking of starting cleaning interior windows only. There is nobody in our area doing it and he thinks it would be something different. Do you think this is a good idea? How much could you charge for a 3 bedroom and a 4 bedroom house? That's insides only. Any advice appreciated to get him started.

Thanks

Steve,

Im pretty sure that people want to get their outsides done as well when cleaning insides . Imo most can handle insides , and call for help on outsides because their more tricky .

But who knows ? If theres a lot like me hating doing insides in your friends area , it might be a way to go .../emoticons/wink.png

I do some inside windows and charge the same if not a couple of quid more as definitely kitchen windows are more greasy for obvious reasons. The way I lead is that there are the same amount of glass so same price. Like previous comment said inside is easier than outside and most who have outside done are house proud enough to have the inside done as well whether by a cleaner or window cleaner or by themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I charge 1x or 1.5x depending who the custy is. Sills have to be cleared by custy too.

Can't see your mate making a good business out of insides only tbf.

It doesn't matter what you charge, you won't get enough work to keep you going, not to mention that the customer has to be in when you call, so you will be wasting a lot of your time.

It doesn't matter what you charge, you won't get enough work to keep you going, not to mention that the customer has to be in when you call, so you will be wasting a lot of your time.
Agree, and there are ALWAYS things in the way, and they are always delicate heirlooms.lol

I do quite a few internal window cleans but as has been said, they are only every 3 months so not a chance to make a living from them alone. The internal cleans I do also include a few very large conservatories that are attached to b&bs and tearooms etc but still not enough to call a reliable income.
I call my residential customers the evening before I do their inside glass so they can move everything to safety, this also happens to include a lady who now resides in a jar!!!!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Window Cleaning Forums

Back