Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning 35ft plus

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Damo

Did a commercial job today and i have to use a 35ft pole to clean the rear windows. As I was on the last window it suddenly dawned on me how slow I was a few years ago.

I used to hate/fear cleaning above 20ft and using a 25ft pole was being "brave"

Got a couple of commercials now where I start off with a 47ft and add extentensions.

It's amazing how your confidence grows and your technique gets better.

Can't wait to do my first 65ft plus window /emoticons/biggrin.png

Over 45ft it gets a bit harder lol.

I only use extreme pole I dread to think what it's like using fiberglass. Shudders.

I've used a 45' fiberglass 'Universal' pole, must have been at least 4 - 5 inch across at the base. I definitely shudder when I think about it. If it slipped off the glass it'd snap if I tried to stop it falling. The scary thing is they used to make them up to 65'! I've still got some of the bigger sections, they fit perfectly onto the base of my 27' Gardiners pole for when I need a bit more reach.

Never had the chance to do that height but would love a go at it
I have a couple that need my SLX40 at full extension but that's enough for me. We can only do those when the day is calm and there is very little wind.

The other two we do is a single 2nd floor window above ground and first floor bay windows. In both cases I have to stand out in the street to reach those. They need a 35' length to do them.

I don't need any more to be honest and don't look forward to doing them when they come around. They sap my energy doing them. If there is ever a bird strike on the windows its always at height and is 'welded' onto the glass.

I have a couple that need my SLX40 at full extension but that's enough for me. We can only do those when the day is calm and there is very little wind.The other two we do is a single 2nd floor window above ground and first floor bay windows. In both cases I have to stand out in the street to reach those. They need a 35' length to do them.

I don't need any more to be honest and don't look forward to doing them when they come around. They sap my energy doing them. If there is ever a bird strike on the windows its always at height and is 'welded' onto the glass.
The highest I do is slx 22 with an extension and its a bit of a stretch. I use a custom made goose beck that is rather heavy. It's a wall of windows with top openers it wrecks me to be fair but I think is like to try standard house size windows

bbfd2030e641e06fd3f8f26c7f5dcd0a.jpg

Feel a bit sore but enjoyed this, I found it easier than I thought I would but that's because I had a gardiners I think, I picked up a 40ft pole in my local shop and it was double the weight with no brush or water!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I now have a few blocks all like these ones but luckily i never need more than a 39' for any of my work.. most of it can be done with 25'

Screenshot_20170506-102336.png

Back