Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help with water tank installing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Green2clean

Hi. Just bought a new citron dispatch 07 and I am wondering where to fit my 500 ltr tank I only had it fitted a few months ago but my van got written off thurs it's a big tank which needs bolting to the floor and don't know how to drill the holes ?? Any ideas thanks

A drill and a drill bit is the obvious answer to the question you have asked.

Has your tank got a steel frame and what tank have you got @Green2clean ?

There are a couple of considerations you need to be aware of when fitting a tank.

The first one is weight distribution. You need to fit the tank is a place that when full will not overload the front or rear axle. (500 liters of water weighs 500kgs.)

Second is where the diesel fuel tank is. I'm not sure where the tank is on your model but if we were fitting a tool box for example into the earlier model Dispatch up against the bulkhead/rear of the front seats the fuel tank needed to be removed/lowered to put the bolts in.

So if I try to look at the bigger picture of your question, I would suggest that you consider getting it fitted by a mechanic or vehicle modification works.

There is a recent post on here where I included a diagram and instructions on how to position a tank over the axles so you don't overload one of them. There will be a plate on the van somewhere (engine compartment, driver's door frames etc) where you will see what the max front and rear axle weights are.

Tank position?

You will need to secure your tank with high tensile bolts and nuts and you will need to use spreader plates underneath the floor.

Spreader plate what are they and do I need them.

Last edited by a moderator:
A drill and a drill bit is the obvious answer to the question you have asked.
Has your tank got a steel frame and what tank have you got @Green2clean ?

There are a couple of considerations you need to be aware of when fitting a tank.

The first one is weight distribution. You need to fit the tank is a place that when full will not overload the front or rear axle. (500 liters of water weighs 500kgs.)

Second is where the diesel fuel tank is. I'm not sure where the tank is on your model but if we were fitting a tool box for example into the earlier model Dispatch up against the bulkhead/rear of the front seats the fuel tank needed to be removed/lowered to put the bolts in.

So if I try to look at the bigger picture of your question, I would suggest that you consider getting it fitted by a mechanic or vehicle modification works.

There is a recent post on here where I included a diagram and instructions on how to position a tank over the axles so you don't overload one of them. There will be a plate on the van somewhere (engine compartment, driver's door frames etc) where you will see what the max front and rear axle weights are.

Tank position?

You will need to secure your tank with high tensile bolts and nuts and you will need to use spreader plates underneath the floor.

Spreader plate what are they and do I need them.
Hi. Bit of a late night silly post . It's a pure freedom tank 500 ltr just taken it out of an 06 dispatch got all the bolts and plates . My new van an 07 dispatch is a long wheelbase so a lot bigger than my 06 one . I was thinking it should go up near the bulk head again .? Obviously I can sit it in The van and try to line it up with under neath I was hoping someone might know exactly where to sit it ?? Many thanks

Hi. Bit of a late night silly post . It's a pure freedom tank 500 ltr just taken it out of an 06 dispatch got all the bolts and plates . My new van an 07 dispatch is a long wheelbase so a lot bigger than my 06 one . I was thinking it should go up near the bulk head again .? Obviously I can sit it in The van and try to line it up with under neath I was hoping someone might know exactly where to sit it ?? Many thanks
And yes it has a steel frame

Maybe phone Purefreedom and ask them where they would fit the tank on that model van. They fit them. Again, the positioning formula on the first post I linked to will help you calculate where the load should be put.

Initially I fitted my 650 liter tank width ways across my Citroen Relay 1.9d. Fortunately I didn't need to go to the weigh bridge to check axle weights as gut feel told me it was overweight.

In the SWB version that I had (got the same van but newer hdi model) the tank needed to fit length ways and about 300mm from the front bulkhead for even load distribution.

Maybe someone who has your same model van will post a helpful reply this weekend.

Sorry about your old van. Things like this are tough when they happen.

Maybe phone Purefreedom and ask them where they would fit the tank on that model van. They fit them. Again, the positioning formula on the first post I linked to will help you calculate where the load should be put.
Initially I fitted my 650 liter tank width ways across my Citroen Relay 1.9d. Fortunately I didn't need to go to the weigh bridge to check axle weights as gut feel told me it was overweight.

In the SWB version that I had (got the same van but newer hdi model) the tank needed to fit length ways and about 300mm from the front bulkhead for even load distribution.

Maybe someone who has your same model van will post a helpful reply this weekend.

Sorry about your old van. Things like this are tough when they happen.
I hope so I was hoping to get it In there today /Tomo ready for tues thanks for your advice

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back