Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

To Vac or Not to Vac?

Neilmnwc

I've been looking around for a new gutter vac having used a Numatic WVD570-2 with a side entry manifold and aluminium poles.

The downsides:

The vac is powerful (enough), but small. The aluminium poles weigh too much for me when vacuuming more than two houses a day.

It's a clat unbolting the sections each time.

I can't help wonder if it's simpler and quicker to get a decent triple ladder, Ladder M8rix, stand off and longer Harris pole.

Getting a full Grippa or Skyvac is out at the mo.

Has anyone used both & what's your take on it to help me decide?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I Thunk the same. By the time yoube gaffes with the poles and keep cleaning blockages it has to be quicker with ladders. But I don't want to die so persevere with the vac.

Downside of using a vac on an average sized house is that I find it time consuming; unreeling 40m of cable, clamping poles together, moving vac every 10', blockages etc. Ladders and pro gutter tools are quicker. On a big job a vac would be quicker

i find the vac quicker on most jobs if im just pulling out a clump from the hopper or down spout then its ladder off run up rip out and bk on the van ,i love the vac and its looks beta using it rather than ladder and bucket

I Thunk the same. By the time yoube gaffes with the poles and keep cleaning blockages it has to be quicker with ladders. But I don't want to die so persevere with the vac.
I keep having the same thoughts, but thinking at least if I use a stand off and M8rix with a triple ladder it has to be ok as long as I don't over reach.

I'm the same with the vac, seem to spend more time messing with the vac than actually vacuuming. It'll probably end up that I'll use both for different jobs.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

haha...I did my second job yesterday with the vac!

First was a block of flats which took me 6 hours, but I priced it for £420 without even having a vac, so had to buy one if I got the job which I did. I bought mine off the company https://guttervacuum.co.uk Was a bit expensive at £1,600 all-in with camera and 40ft poles which are very light.

They're so light actually! U can just put the pole down to the ground from a house roof, then back up again with ease. There's no clips either, but they supply you with lube for the pole ends.

It is definitely a pain in the backside gutter vac'ing I have to say. More knackering than WTP'ing for sure, so defo charge more/double.

I can defo see me going up a ladder on a small/safe job to save all the agro. Half the agro is cleaning the thing afterwards!! Something you definitely have to take into consideration when pricing up. I did one house yesterday, and spent at least 35-40mins clean-up at home afterwards. I wanna look after it and keep it tip-top. Anyway, there was no way of getting to the sides of this house off of a ladder as it was just way too narrow & steep, so vac was vital here.

Good luck!

Back