Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Power of virosol

Have you never stained anything with virosol @steve garwood ?

I did a couple of times so stopped using it

I am lazy nowadays so i just spray a hypo/screwfix degreaser combo on roofs now

They don't react with each other so safe to use but it is a bit strong and the lead flashing is prone to change to orange for 24hrs before turning back to grey

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you never stained anything with virosol @steve garwood ?I did a couple of times so stopped using it

I am lazy nowadays so i just spray a hypo/screwfix degreaser combo on roofs now

They don't react with each other so safe to use but it is a bit strong and the lead flashing is prone to change to orange for 24hrs before turning back to grey
No mate, been using it for years and never had a problem.

I tend never to leave it on more than around 10 minutes :specs

Have you never stained anything with virosol @steve garwoodI am lazy nowadays so i just spray a hypo/screwfix degreaser combo on roofs now

They don't react with each other so safe to use
What ratios are you using? I've got a minging conservatory roof to do soon, lousy access, so this combo could be useful!

1-4 using a sprayer
Wow that's strong we use 10 to 1 and it removes everything try a weaker mix I think you will find it does the same job and will work out cheaper , also at the strength you are using if you get in on paths etc it will stain or kill dirt leaving brown staining until washed off then it looks clean where the strong mix had been spilt

blade right tfr is also worth a bash i realy like this stuff to Home - Blade Right Cleaning Supplies

1. Super-TFR-120x120.jpg

Super-TFR-25-120x120.jpg

Super Str

Last edited by a moderator:
Back