Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning exterior windows with no access from outside ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DCCleaner

How do you guys do this ?

We service a block of apartments internally and have now been asked to clean the external windows, problem is there is no access from the ground on the backside of the building and the windows are split 70 / 30/, 30 being the fixed pain at the top, window doesnt open wide enough to get hands out and do a good job so what would you recommend we do folks ?

Cheers

Dave

We service a block of apartments internally and have now been asked to clean the external windows, problem is there is no access from the ground on the backside of the building and the windows are split 70 / 30/, 30 being the fixed pain at the top, window doesnt open wide enough to get hands out and do a good job so what would you recommend we do folks ?

Cheers

Dave
pics may help, could you use a trad pole?

Cheers

Dave
I clean exterior windows from the inside on a gigantic block of apartments.

Just enough to get my arm out and trad it from the insides.

If I remember I will take a pic when I next do them.

Get a yoyo or something that is attached to your gear when in use, trust me it's worth it.

Squeegee landing on someone's car or head is the last thing you want.

Cheers

Dave
And practice at home if you can?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I clean exterior windows from the inside on a gigantic block of apartments.
Just enough to get my arm out and trad it from the insides.

If I remember I will take a pic when I next do them.

Get a yoyo or something that is attached to your gear when in use, trust me it's worth it.

Squeegee landing on someone's car or head is the last thing you want.

Ive tried to do them from the inside with a squeegee but i cant reach it all and it leaves lines due to the angles mate

remind me why they cant be done from the outside?
Someone else's property...?

unsafe...?

No access...?
They cant be done because there is no access to the narrow strip of land behind the buidings which is approx 3 ft wide with an almost shear cliff face to one side and the apartments to the other side mate.

They cant be done because there is no access to the narrow strip of land behind the buidings which is approx 3 ft wide with an almost shear cliff face to one side and the apartments to the other side mate.
Architects! :rolleyes:

They never think of access for anything like this...

Good luck buddy but if as you say they cant be done from the outside and only a portion of them can be done form the inside then sounds as if you're stuffed unless anyone else has any ideas

Architects! :rolleyes:They never think of access for anything like this...

Good luck buddy but if as you say they cant be done from the outside and only a portion of them can be done form the inside then sounds as if you're stuffed unless anyone else has any ideas
Obviously hadn't heard of tilt and turn windows :rolleyes:

Trad pole as in gardiner pole with sill brush or do you mean something else sorry ?
moerman exelerator with fliq on a 5m moerman pole. That's if you can get the angle from the ground

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back