Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

new to soft washing

joe34

Hi, I was just looking through some of your posts and im interested in getting into soft washing.I've been cleaning windows for years and I've always cleaned facias with my pole and as you know it can be hard work.This looks a loss less work and with great results

Is it Possible to run that hypo souloution through my pole and is there a attachment you you can put on the end of it to make it spray out with some pressure? also does soft washing work on conservatory roofs?

Thanks in Advance

Joe

BENZ Softwash try this m8 all the info u need is on here they also have there fb page with free training ! yes u can run hypo throu your pole
cheers Tench, thanks for the info mate, I also got that hd reel from water works you said about great bit of kit that makes the job so much easier

no problim m8 allways happy to help as thats what forums should be about, glad u injoying the power up mine is still going strong must order a spair chain soon as mine is a bit rusty i do keep it oiled up once a week wich should help it last, also worth a read is AlgoClear® Softclean Pro some good info on there and there algoclear pro goes a long way to once diluted

no problim m8 allways happy to help as thats what forums should be about, glad u injoying the power up mine is still going strong must order a spair chain soon as mine is a bit rusty i do keep it oiled up once a week wich should help it last, also worth a read is AlgoClear® Softclean Pro some good info on there and there algoclear pro goes a long way to once diluted
Cheers Tench, there's a video benz do on converting your system to a soft wash one but i can't find it now.

Would a backpack suffice for running a soft wash mix through for render facias and gutters? Would it mess the pump up?

And also is the pressure from 100psi pump enough to rinse of the hypo or am i better of getting a half decent pressure washer .

Sorry mate loads of questions

Cheers Tench, there's a video benz do on converting your system to a soft wash one but i can't find it now.
Would a backpack suffice for running a soft wash mix through for render facias and gutters? Would it mess the pump up?

And also is the pressure from 100psi pump enough to rinse of the hypo or am i better of getting a half decent pressure washer .

Sorry mate loads of questions
Back pack will work fine but wash it through thoroughly after with water as it will over time kill the pump and fittings . I personally don't think softwashing with hypo is the best way to clean plastics , we spray with a 10/1 virosol mix then scrub with the pole and rinse it's not hard work and gives a much better finish beacause the dirt is removed , when you hypo it the dirt is still there the hypo only makes it change couloir and you cannot see it , this leaves a rough surface for more dirt algi to cling to very easily and will go dirty very quickly we have a number of people where I am that have been going round spraying hypo on people's gutters etc claiming they have cleaned them and going in with very cheap price then 3 months later they look terrible we have been asked to sort out a number of these bodged jobs . Hypo is good at killing algi but it still needs scrubbing off , again some pressure wash it off and this also leaves a bacterial film behind that grows back again in a very short time adding some hypo to virosol can be useful to make it kill the algi but this mix doesn't need to be strong a 2-3 %will work well , however be careful spraying hypo remember to use appropriate ppe

for upvc its gota be tfr20 virosol is ok and does the job as does ubik ect but for speed and qualty its gota be tfr20 im suprized not meny have tryed it to be honist

Back