Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First roof job.

A

Alec

Right I've taken on my first roof job, it's a dorma bungalow so not to bad. The front is ok not too steep to walk on so that's easy. The back is steeper so will be done using ladders & cat ladder.
7fc852d4cf2d3bf1152c8c54cbe731d5.jpg
71b88652fd146ad94fa50abcb8ac5c79.jpg
I've just purchased a harness, can anyone recommend anything else. What do you use from the harness to the ladder in order to lock in..

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

You need a full body harness Alec. The ideal method is to be attached to a safety line via something like a Petzl ASAP. Safety line is attached to anchor point on opposite side to which you're working. Reason for this is say your cat ladder is resting on a ridge line tile that you cant see has no staying power cause it's all mossed up and that tile decides to give out, well with your weight on it and gravity your ladders going down and if your tied off to it then so are you.

If however you are bent on anchoring to the cat ladder then you want one of these Petzl Double Absorbica Y Rope Lanyard with MGOs and Captive Triact-Lock Karabiner

Right I thought anchoring to other side would be the case. Where would you anchor from? Would you not anchor the ladders? Then you can anchor from them? What would I use to anchor from the other side mate? Appreciate the advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Anyone have any pics of tools that they may use to scrape the roof tiles.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Back