Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Too expensive

THL4KEL

I visited a property yesterday and it was basically 25meters of gutter (3 bed detached) owner wanted gutters vacuumed and fascia down pipes ect washing. I don't think I have ever seen such dirty gutters/fascia on the rear of the house they were pure black.

Anyway I gave the price which was 140 and the owner came back via text saying to expensive.

Would you guys just leave it there or lower the price?

If you lower for one. You'll end up lowering it for others. I'm a sucker for this. Feel sorry for OAPs and do it half price then they tell all their friends and I'm stuck making a pittance of them every year now.

Bonus is they fill me with biscuits and tea. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I'd respond back but not reduce the price.

For 80ft of guttering to be cleared, then washed, then facias cleaned including downpipes; and from what you describe they haven't been cleaned since God was a boy, it seems a reasonable price.

A good couple of hours work from start to finish.

Definitely stand your ground

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

No problem sir. Thank you for the opportunity to quote for the work.

Should you decide to in future to choose a service based on quality of service and reputation insted of chepest service about then please feel free to call us. Kind regards, W. Indy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice response Green /emoticons/smile.png

Thanks guys great advice. Should of taken pic of the state of them to show you all..

Price all comes down to what you are willing to work for. I did a couple of modern 3 bed detached houses at the end of last year at a trial price of £100 and each took over 3 hours. That was fine, helped out during a quiet period and now I know I wouldn't go that low again for that work - I'd make more on windows and it would probably be regular work.

But the next guy might be quite happy with that rate per hour - all depends on you!

At the end of the day, don't worry yourself by questioning your quotes too much. It's a natural inclination but it doesn't help you. Smile. Thank the customer anyway. Move on to the next job.

I visited a property yesterday and it was basically 25meters of gutter (3 bed detached) owner wanted gutters vacuumed and fascia down pipes ect washing. I don't think I have ever seen such dirty gutters/fascia on the rear of the house they were pure black.
Anyway I gave the price which was 140 and the owner came back via text saying to expensive.

Would you guys just leave it there or lower the price?
Doesn't sound expensive to me quite reasonable in fact minimum charge to empty £65 that leaves £75 to clean all plastics and you will have to do the windows as you will get them dirty , I don't think ide do it any cheaper

Company called gutter pro and they charge a minimum of £79 just to empty gutters not even clean them. Again like others said it's what your pounds per hour is. Your price is your price and stick to it. Let's face it everyone wants everything cheaper and will try it on but I would stick to my guns. I think price reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I want 35 to 40 per strip for gutter clearing and the same again to wash down.

So your price is sound mate I just reply now and say OK no worries

Not worth thinking about people like that

This is how I work. If I want the job price to get it. If your busy and don't really need it. Then price is normal.work out how long it will take and go from there. Yesterday we did a all in one gutters clean. Took 5 hours in and out plus the windows £432. Price and demand.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back