Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Silly prices!!

Matt123

Just been canvassing a new estate. Have been quoting £10 per house (see picture). Only to learn that another company has been quoting £6 for the same houses. I have managed to pick a few up at £10 but just amazes me how someone can make a living from £6 per house.

20170508_150826.jpg

1. New estates often get quoted rock bottom prices to try and secure the whole estate. Its cut-throat in places and drives prices down. :confused:

2. This time of year always brings out newbies starting out and charging low. Had a customer call to canel this week. Detached bungalow with leaded hoppers all the way round and I'm doing it cheap at £10 monthly but she complained all her friends pay sub £5 and her neighbour gets the same size house cleaned for £3.50

Maybe it was unprofessional to burst out laughing...but it was genuine and spontaneous - I'm not worried about losing customers to £3.50 cleaning jobs!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Theres 2500 of these new builds going up near me over the next couple of years. Bet i dont get many when the local rats jump on there at a fiver a go. :mad:

Just been canvassing a new estate. Have been quoting £10 per house (see picture). Only to learn that another company has been quoting £6 for the same houses. I have managed to pick a few up at £10 but just amazes me how someone can make a living from £6 per house.
Where are you based? Works out at 60p per window after tax and that's not including water, diesel, wear and tear on tools and van.

I wonder if they'll be around come winter?

£3????!!!!

this is now becoming a joke.

There is no way you can survive charging that sort of money - you'd have to be signing on, cash in hand and most likely thieving also to support yourself on those prices!:eek:

Cleaned this job there is one long gutter at the back to apex on sides and a gutter round the garage i charged £90 for all the upvc cleaned and vaced some clown from dawlish put a price in £40 all in lol but never turned up to clean it can't under stand y they went in so cheep that's to jobs now on that area that's had these cheep prices must me time of the year !

c6fba98c39c7a3d38f3535c30add890c.jpg
843f8fb88addbee94fc724ad9c7edc9c.jpg
d714131cfde16a232c345bb37e2aea8d.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Where are you based? Works out at 60p per window after tax and that's not including water, diesel, wear and tear on tools and van.
I wonder if they'll be around come winter?
This is in Stafford. I'm trying to build a full round up and do everything by the book but no way I can clean for £6 a house. What made it even worse was the home owner showed me the quote and it stated they get there 5th clean free if they stay with them!

This is in Stafford. I'm trying to build a full round up and do everything by the book but no way I can clean for £6 a house. What made it even worse was the home owner showed me the quote and it stated they get there 5th clean free if they stay with them!
FFS :laugh:

Just wondering why they would need an incentive of a free clean after 5 cleans as if £6 wasn't incentive enough, unless they do a :turd: job of course?

Latest Posts

Back