Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trolley System

P

philb

out of all three phil i'd say none of those if i'm honest,pure freedoms trolly has issues if you go up or down steps the barrel tends to fall off causing wrist injury,the other two are copies of a diy one,the worst one being labelled as munro,the listing on ebay having munro across it is sold from blackpool whereas mark munro lives way way down south on the edge of the southern coast so not too transparent,

have a look at jimmy boots trolly on the diy section on here for more ideas as you can make one yourself without too much hassle

or cost

Search for diy alternative to backpack and scroll through it and you will find jimmyboots one

Or heavy duty trolley.. both posts by jimmy

I made my own a while ago and easy n cgeap to do

Gardiner backpack, on a sports direct fishing trolley,very light. I've stuck a wilco small reel on, but was a pest to attach. I reduced the width of trolley. Just need barrels. Til you get van n tank.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

If you re sure you are going down the trolley rout to start off as did I then some things to consider,

Battery better off with two smaller batteries than one larger one as the trolley will be lighter and easy to change battery and always have one charging in car etc.

Get puncture prof tyres like these as Its easy to lose a days work fiddling with a tempremental valve or a punctured trier. Pulling a trolley with a flat is a nightmare!

2 x 10" Puncture Burst Proof Solid Rubber Sack Truck Trolley Wheels Spare Tyres | eBay

Learn to lift properly and always follow that technique 25kg or a full water container can do some serious damage, I have pulled some muscles I didn't even know I had.

Steps are your enemy.

Handles if not very strong ( aluminium trolley) can snap off.

There is an art to walking with a trolley and pole, I've yet to find a comfortable way for me.

hi guys thanks for the responses so far. I am going with trolley system initially as going out the back of my car until I can change it in a few months. So I was intending on using a trolley with a 100m reel so I just leave it outside my car and use it as if it was van system but then have the option of moving it round if needed.

I'm unsure about going down the DIY route due to time and lack of experience in WFP or really engineering etc.

bigfoot do you use one as an everyday?
Yes up until about two weeks ago.

For me the reason for changing over to van was I got frustrated filling up 25 ltr containers all the time.

Some jobs are easier with trolley but generally like using van mount but getting used to it.

I have regularly washed 15-20 houses a day with trolley so it is a viable solution.

I fitted a bilge pump wired to battery for quicker refill from van tank when having to use backpack alot.

Yes up until about two weeks ago.For me the reason for changing over to van was I got frustrated filling up 25 ltr containers all the time.

Some jobs are easier with trolley but generally like using van mount but getting used to it.

I have regularly washed 15-20 houses a day with trolley so it is a viable solution.
drop me a pm mate re trolly

I fitted a bilge pump wired to battery for quicker refill from van tank when having to use backpack alot.
I like that idea, I can see how that would make a lot on sense.

Yes up until about two weeks ago.For me the reason for changing over to van was I got frustrated filling up 25 ltr containers all the time.

what trolley did you have? are you selling it? @BigFoot

what trolley did you have? are you selling it? @BigFoot
It is a knock off streemline system with portable DI resin and aluminium frame. I changed out the wheels to the one I posted earlier. I think I'm keeping it as a back up if anything goes wrong with new setup I can crack on with a system I know. Although I have used it well and snapped one handle ( a fix for a rainy day) it has been very dependable.

out of all three phil i'd say none of those if i'm honest,pure freedoms trolly has issues if you go up or down steps the barrel tends to fall off causing wrist injury,the other two are copies of a diy one,the worst one being labelled as munro,the listing on ebay having munro across it is sold from blackpool whereas mark munro lives way way down south on the edge of the southern coast so not too transparent,

have a look at jimmy boots trolly on the diy section on here for more ideas as you can make one yourself without too much hassle

or cost
I thought that also when I saw it on eBay that it was made by Mark Munro.

I've been using the standard Pure Freedom trolley for ten years and found it to be a superb bit of kit. My only dislike is the digital controller the new ones come supplied with. It has a four second cycle to the DE sensing circuitry which frequently results in a delay to switching on which really bugged me. I understand the reasons for it but it annoyed me enough to replace it it with the original PWM controller that came with my first one which gives instant response.

hi guys thanks for the responses so far. I am going with trolley system initially as going out the back of my car until I can change it in a few months. So I was intending on using a trolley with a 100m reel so I just leave it outside my car and use it as if it was van system but then have the option of moving it round if needed.

I'm unsure about going down the DIY route due to time and lack of experience in WFP or really engineering etc.
If you use a 100m of hose you will run of water half way through a house and have to walk all the way back to your car to switch containers and sort out the airlock which will cost you time and money. Personally I would get a Gardiner Backpack and a decent trolley to place it on.

Wfp tops and trad bottoms would maybe be the best option short term if you are so keen to go wfp, The one thing to get head around as well is you have to spend a lot more money going wfp so buying quality well built products with a good reputation is a very good idea otherwise longterm you will end up spending a lot more money than you think.

Last edited by a moderator:
It does depend on how you are using you Freedom trolley but in the ten years I've been using mine the barrel has fallen off less than 10 times. Most of them was when it as empty. I don't go up and down many steps but do plenty of curbs.

One thing I learned fairly quickly was not to let the hose trail straight onto the floor from the hozelock connector. If you do you will likely tread on it whist you are walking and this can cause you to trip and the barrel to fall off especially when empty and if you haven't remembered to put the handle stay in place. On one occasion I went head over heels over the trolley when I did this, much to my embarrassment.

When walking with the trolley from one job to the next, I now hook the hose over the upper metal hook on the back of the trolley or take hold of it about three feet from the trolley and carry it in my pole hand under the pole. Either way will pretty much eliminate the risk of you treading on it. 

Where can you buy this trolley . Looks good. Like the idea of being able to fill 45 litres if needed . 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back