Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Finished

Nice one Nicky - it's a good feeling isn't it. Finished mine about 10 years ago, does make me sleep better at night :5_thumbsup:

Good luck at Wembley.

You trying to get one adamangler or you just happy with renting? It does give you the flexibility that home ownership doesn't.

65 is okay as long as it's all wrapped up by the time you finish work. That's the problem with renting I guess, what happens when you no longer work... Unless you have an alternative form of income.

Just finished the mortgage, 10 years early. off to Wembley to watch tranmere get promoted .
Nice one. Finished mine last year aged 50 and it felt/feels great.

Good luck at Wembley, I'll be there next weekend cheering on the lions  :96_ok_hand:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one. Finished mine last year aged 50 and it felt/feels great.

Good luck at Wembley, I'll be there next weekend cheering on the lions  :96_ok_hand:
48 and free never again . I hope milwall get promoted for u, were in the west stand 20k not bad for a none league team. WERE ON OUR WAY

I'm 31 in August and would love to buy not got the income at moment

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

unfortunately that's the way it is, no one can afford it, I was lucky, otherwise id still be in a council house that's falling apart. It's a shame really, the way its going owning a house will be for the few. Odd thing is a mortgage is usually cheaper then rent, its the deposit that knackers people

Speaking from experience ex banker and all that, if yiu do decide to look to buy your own house plan it. the bank looks at last two to three years income. Actually we always declarw everything so wont be a problem[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Speaking from experience ex banker and all that, if yiu do decide to look to buy your own house plan it. the bank looks at last two to three years income. Actually we always declarw everything so wont be a problem
emoji6.png

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums
the mortgage is they easy bit, the deposit in todays markets the challenge

I was fortunate as got to buy house of council n since they give you a discount on house of £15k the bank viewed that as a deposit, as they won't lose out if I can't pay mortgage. We have bought piece of land at side of house to put a drive on, which was a further loan, £65k for house n £10k loan to buy land n get path lowered. So house should sell pretty well if I can't afford to pay mortgage for some reason.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Depends where in the country you live, I'm in London and pretty much anywhere in the south east of the country is expensive.

Not sure what property prices are like where the various members live?

Nice one Nicky - it's a good feeling isn't it. Finished mine about 10 years ago, does make me sleep better at night :5_thumbsup:

Good luck at Wembley.

You trying to get one adamangler or you just happy with renting? It does give you the flexibility that home ownership doesn't.

Yes i want one but cant see it happening before im 40 (35 now)

Never had the money, then started the business 2 years ago and havent earned much in the way of profit yet. Need 3 years bank records showing a decent income i was told. So at somepoint yes, but its not easy. 

the mortgage is they easy bit, the deposit in todays markets the challenge
true, gone are the 95% morgagtes which is a big shame for people trying to get on the ladder. Altgough sone good altetnatives like family mortgages where its over a really long time as it will be passed on to children etc.. Also trouble as older folk hanging on to what they earned in their life (quite entitled to) dur to more uncertainty and getting a deposit takes ages. my firt mtge was £95k with £5k deposit which was taken as a loan which isnt really allowed lol

Depends where in the country you live, I'm in London and pretty much anywhere in the south east of the country is expensive.

Not sure what property prices are like where the various members live?
my house (3 bed mid terrace ex council with flat roof extension out back, with drive, 2 reception rooms and loft conversion) £67000. My mums house sold for 140000 in Bristol so got half of it, paid for the house and a lick of paint

Last edited by a moderator:
If I'm honest getting a house was the easiest thing I've done. Halifax take one years books  :5_thumbsup:  I didn't find it hard to save either. Especially when you put the work in. If you want something you can get it if you put your mind to it  :25_money_mouth:

unfortunately that's the way it is, no one can afford it, I was lucky, otherwise id still be in a council house that's falling apart. It's a shame really, the way its going owning a house will be for the few. Odd thing is a mortgage is usually cheaper then rent, its the deposit that knackers people

Spot on buddy. Like you said it be the odd few now and then that can buy. Few of friends brought they own place and pay about £50 more a month than what we pay for council place

true, gone are the 95% morgagtes which is a big shame for people trying to get on the ladder. Altgough sone good altetnatives like family mortgages where its over a really long time as it will be passed on to children etc.. Also trouble as older folk hanging on to what they earned in their life (quite entitled to) dur to more uncertainty and getting a deposit takes ages. my firt mtge was £95k with £5k deposit which was taken as a loan which isnt really allowed lol

I bought in 2004 and have 7 years to run.
I paid 10k deposit and got a self certified mortgage, laughable now to borrow without proof of earnings, paying 1.75 above bank base rate but still miles cheaper than renting.

Just shows how things changed many took theses loans out but never repaid them, especially in America which was a lot to do with causing the crash.

My father died in 1999 and his house was paid for so me and my brother sold it

That was my deposit on a flat which i had for a year and sold for a good profit

Used the whole lot as deposit on my current house which left me with a mortgage of 27k over the remaining 24 years

That runs out when i am 48

Would rather live in a council gaff and have him here but my old man made sure me and my brother were looked after

I am 42 next month and have friends my age who still can't get on the ladder

Back