Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Been a while

A

abs

Been months since I was on here, reason being in december I had a huge stroke and was in hospital till April,  well obviously my business has just gone the wife had to sell the van to make ends meet ,I've had brain surgery and forgot everything it's a bit of a mess ,but I'm alive, I'll be putting up some of my equipment for sale soon,  puraclenz didn't make a million but I did it , from scratch I made a fantastic business

Most of it is a blur, luckily I knew something was wrong and rang the ambulance myself before passing out in the back of the van , obviously saving my own life, really miss working but this stroke has changed me,  leaving the house is a huge tast for me now, being as all my customers we're followers  to my Facebook business they knew what was happening from my wives Facebook updates and most of my customers were recommendations so everyone knew each other, easy come easy go, I'm alive and couldn't work if I wanted to

Most of it is a blur, luckily I knew something was wrong and rang the ambulance myself before passing out in the back of the van , obviously saving my own life, really miss working but this stroke has changed me,  leaving the house is a huge tast for me now, being as all my customers we're followers  to my Facebook business they knew what was happening from my wives Facebook updates and most of my customers were recommendations so everyone knew each other, easy come easy go, I'm alive and couldn't work if I wanted to

I bet you do miss it. Sometimes these events in life come along and throw us a curve ball. Like you say though your alive which is the most important thing. 

Yes I'm alive, I've had brain surgery because of a bleed in the centre of my brain and now it feels like a duvet is in my head making it hard to think straight I'm physicly  in the best shape ever ,and as time passes I'm hoping to return to work 

That's awfull @abs

Just goes to show how things like this can happen out of no where and how we take it all for granted.

I'm glad you can take positivity from the fact you are still here. All the best and hopefully you will recover to some extent.

My grandma had a stroke last year and she has improved a lot since it happened. 

whoa that sounds like u have bin through a lot hope all goes well and a speedy recovery ,just goes to show u never no whats round the corner 

My dad had a massive stroke on Father's Day last year. He was sixty years old and as fit as a fiddle. He'd done thirty years in the police force and then went on to do consultancy work in the Middle East. He'd started to wind down and was working four days a week installing alarms and cctv. He was on a motorbike tour of Spain at the time and was riding his bike when the stroke occurred so he sustained addition injuries from the crash. 

I wont go into all the details but eleven months ago my dad couldn't walk, talk, go to the toilet or feed himself. He spent four months in various hospitals and spent hours upon hours learning how to do the basics again. He now walks short distances with a stick and can make himself a coffee and do other basic tasks himself. 

Stokes and brain injuries take a long time to recover from. Years, not months. You might not work again but never say never. Seeing what my dad has achieved in eleven months makes you realise what the human body can do. 

I wish you you all the best and strongly advise you take all the help you can get. Occupational therapists, physiotherapists, phycologsts can all help. Look up Headway if you haven't already. They're a brain injury charity and offer loads of advice. My dad goes to a coffee morning/meeting with them once a week and they help you adjust and recover after your brain injury. PM me if there's any info you need or if there's anything I can do. 

Neil ( @Adams0211 ) i am still surprised how well your old man has done considering the bleak outlook last year when you told me then shot off to Spain to be with him

Just shows it doesn't have to be the end of the world

Abs i wish you all the best mate

If someone deserves some luck in their life it's you mate

Give me a shout if you want an ear to bend

Thanks everyone,yes I've been in touch with hedway but it's a service you have to pay for and with not earning now money is tight

What part of it did they ask you to pay for mate? My dad had his weekly meeting/coffee morning with them today and I'm almost certain he doesn't pay for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Back