Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Mixing ubik and Hypo

WCF

Help Support WCF:

GSS Window Cleaning

Can you mix ubik and hypo together? As I know hypo don't like certain chemicals. I normally mix tfr and a splash of hypo but ran out of tfr. Thanks 

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you mix ubik and hypo together? As I know hypo don't like certain chemicals. I normally mix tfr and a splash of hypo but ran out of tfr. Thanks 
ubik is a colloidal mixture mate very very different to a tfr

hypo shouldn't be mixed with anything unless you have the correct surfactant,

isnt it easier to go get some tfr from halfords or elsewhere?

if you are  blending two different chemichals together you'll have no idea what long term damages your are causing a,to yourself and b, to a customers property

rant over,i'm off to work now

I read about someone on a forum cleaning their bog with bleach and stuck a bit of harpic down on top to help, a waft of gas came up and rendered the chap quite ill. Turns out he had created chlorine gas which is pretty lethal.

I dont think mixing Hypo with an APC would cause a problem but you never know, keep well back!

I know from accidentally mixing them that it doesn't create gas  (forgot i had last used hypo in my sprayer thinkimg there was degreaser in it and poured screwfix no nonsense degreaser in a half full sprayer )

That is fine but @kevinc250 will agree when mixing chemicals they don't stay seperate they combine to make new chemical compounds of which you won't know the effects of

You may even make something that doesn't clean as it is a different chemical all together

Eg mixing sodium and chlorine makes table salt, add a compound containing hydrogen and chlorine and you make hypo 

1 is harmless the other definitely isn't 

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers I wouldn't just start mixing chems with out advice anyway just checking. The tfr I use is alkaline so is hypo so no dangerous gases made just wanted to check to see if anyone has mixed the 2 first ?

Back