Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1st Roof Job Done!

A

Alec

Well what can I say, it's my first time on a roof, 1st on a cat ladder & 1st time PPE ref to heights.. This guys is my first roof
a9ea9366442372e6afe16f108cc5d6e4.jpg
Job. I didn't charge anywhere near enough, I'm still learning on pricing them. Day & half graft..
185cda4184750030b005e505d1dfc2ed.jpg
1ade5fec401981e3d16562718525cbae.jpg
4d6da9de4f304018eaadbf3a0c75c239.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Cheers mate, I did try but seems very difficult. I was told it reverts to original colour etc. How best to protect it in future? Or is there anything I can do to apply to it after

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Pricing should be around £300 a side so £600 I would charge for that. They always take longer than anticipated. Nice results for your first one mate 

Thanks matey, as it was my first one I only charged £450. Now on one at £600 so learnt from that first one. Got another booked in. They are well worth doing..

Cheers mate, I did try but seems very difficult. I was told it reverts to original colour etc. How best to protect it in future? Or is there anything I can do to apply to it after

Hiya Alex. You can get a chem from softwash that reverts lead back to original finish but i just keep applying water before during and after

Thanks matey, as it was my first one I only charged £450. Now on one at £600 so learnt from that first one. Got another booked in. They are well worth doing..

Thats what it's all about, still at £450 you was hardly working for peanuts but with roof cleans your best to price them to make them worth your while. Good luck with second ??

I used hypo mate 3 water & 1 hypo, good squeeze of Eco washing up liquid..

I just try to avoid it as much as possible

It always turns back to proper colour within around 24 hrs so not too worried

Manually cleaned all the moss mate using wolf spearman scrapped. Sit on the cat ladder & scrape left then right. They do a nice 4 meter scraper, which might make the job easier. I was using a wire brush lol then swooped to the garden hoe with great success.. Don't underestimate a roof lol they are a lot steeper than they appear..

Manually cleaned all the moss mate using wolf spearman scrapped. Sit on the cat ladder & scrape left then right. They do a nice 4 meter scraper, which might make the job easier. I was using a wire brush lol then swooped to the garden hoe with great success.. Don't underestimate a roof lol they are a lot steeper than they appear..

Cheers for the advice.... I like the hoe .. gardening on the roof!

Well easy mate, radio on & just sit and scrap lol. Use a full body harness & connect fall arrest (safety rope) to the top of the cat ladder. Hang off before climbing so that to test that cat ladder is holding you. Once you know your safe it gives you confidence to enjoy the job ahead..

We all like a hoe :1_wink: :4_joy:

Roofs definitely can catch you out with how steep they are

I am like a mountain goat on a roof as i grew up running about them helping mums other half who was a roofer and am a very experienced climber and abseiler but i still won't get up on one without fall arrest as it is just not worth it

I don't trust those ladders either.. i would rather be tied off to something that can't move as a backup 

Last edited by a moderator:
We all like a hoe:1_wink:/emoticons/4_joy.png
Roofs definitely can catch you out with how steep they are
I am like a mountain goat on a roof as i grew up running about them helping mums other half who was a roofer and am a very experienced climber and abseiler but i still won't get up on one without fall arrest as it is just not worth it
I don't trust those ladders either.. i would rather be tied off to something that can't move as a backup 
I've looked at ways to tie my rope to something better, only thing I can think off is drilling a hook into the other side. problem with that is you would have to move it at least 3 times as you really want to be working in a straight line so there's no slack on the rope.. Customers may get funny..

I understand what you mean

Myself i would be happy to be on a slack line knowing i can't fall further than the roofline and walk about on a roof but i don't recommend that to anyone who isn't an experienced climber/roofer

You are doing it the sensible way 

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back