Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jgrayson11

Hi guys,

I've been working out the back of my surprisingly reliable L200 Warrior for about 3 years now and have recently put a 280L baffled tank in the pickup bed.

Notably, this has taken up significant space, but I am comfortably able to store my pump box, separate battery, wfp, hose & reel, and loose essentials within the remaining space.

Given the available remaining space, I reluctantly use a hozelock reel (metal + plastic) that is anchored to the tailgate at all times. I've been getting a fair amount of leaking lately and can't seem to figure out where my problem lies (it tends to come from within the reel, and yes - i have tried a couple different reels, standard fittings, ptfe etc) but this never happened until I installed the tank.

Can anyone suggest EITHER a solution to my problem within the reel, or a smaller, more compact reel than most WFP reels that will allow for no leaking and also installation within the same space as my current reel?

If any of this doesn't make sense then just let me know?

Thank you in advance!

I have a hoselock pro reel too, it sounds the same because its part metal part plastic. In my opinion they made it the wrong way round with the more inportant parts being plastic.

When I was first setting it up i had a constant drip and ptfe tape wouldnt sort it. Eventually I found the rubber o ring inside the inlet adapter (the bit you click hoselock connector onto) had been stretched out of shape as it had been screwed on in pre-assembly. I replaced the o-ring washer thing, put some more ptfe tape on, and used a wrench to really tighten it, and it was finally water-tight.

Maybe its the same problem, remember you have got two of these, one on the inside of the reel too. 

You can buy spares for under £3 but its annoying because they use a unique 5/8 thread so the normal 3/4 or 1/2 fittings wont work. Next time i am definitely going to get an all metal hose reel.

Yeh that sounds about right - oddly enough it's genuinely been a really good reel to me. Not broken (yet), doesn't get tangled, kept clean and dirt free. Belting little reel for £25 haha.

I've been to correct the o-ring you suggested and have to thank you greatly - it's worked a treat! Hopefully this will prevent me losing valuable water from now on!

Thanks again.

Also, unreal how hozelock don't have a standard fit thread - you have to buy a whole new reel if you can't source spares!

Get a decent metal reel my reel goes on the back seat in transit, I have a 400ltr flat tank in my L200 the future plan is to put some marine ply over the tank and mount the reel on the ply and go for a power up reel. 

Back