Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump problems.

DJT

Hi guys,

I've got a problem with my diy trolley that I've built. When I put my trolley together on a job, the pumps sometimes really struggles to pull the water up from the bottom of my 25l barrel. I've attached a pic of the pump I currently have.

I'm thinking I may have to swap it for a more powerful one and also one that is self priming?

Any help would be appreciated, I'm loosing time, money and going grey over it!
7dc8073f036af5aa2bf16679e3bc1e71.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Ideally you want the pump lower or as low as the bottom of the drum

That stops a lot of airlock issues

Agree with Dave B.

I have a freedom trolley to which I have fitted a similar pump though mine is a 5lpm pump and it is mounted underneath the barrel. I run almost every barrel dry and it primes in 2-3 seconds no word of a lie.

Some tips on priming your pump:

It is imperative that the hose connection on the barrel side of the pump is airtight.

If you have a filter/strainer in this hose check it isn't blocked or remove it. 

When priming the pump disconnect the pole hose from the trolley and make sure the flow is open. (if you are using a water-stop connector push a male connector into it to open it) or simply fit a John Guest connector in you pole hose about six inches from where it connects to the trolley and split the pipe here whilst priming.

Hope this helps

So this is my trolley ...

96331455cb765c4edfb9d860b0dff1a5.jpg

I did as you advised and lowered the pump to floor, and it picked up so much faster.

I think I'm going to re do the box to re position the pump alot further down to the floor.

Thanks for your help![emoji106]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Latest Posts

Back