Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sick pay

WCF

Help Support WCF:

J

Jay87

Hi Guys

Does anyone know or has anyone claimed some sort of sick pay whilst being self employed?

I got out my van this morning at the first customer house and I went over my foot on a curb and heard a pop! Just got back from A&E and I've broke my foot!

So I was wondering if you guys have ever injured yourself and was unable to work? Can we claim any money as we're self employed or is it just tough luck?

Jamie

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I my be wrong but if its long term illness then you cm claim ESA, apart from that unless you have an personal injury policy in place you get sweet F.A

Sorry to hear that, nightmare. Me thinks i better get someone personal injury insurance. A gardener told me to get it a few years back, as it does pay out after a month of being off i think?

Take came n speedy recovery. If you can afford it, maybe a private physio could aid someone of the recovery.

Sorry to hear that, nightmare. Me thinks i better get someone personal injury insurance. A gardener told me to get it a few years back, as it does pay out after a month of being off i think?

Take came n speedy recovery. If you can afford it, maybe a private physio could aid someone of the recovery.

Thanks mate, I've got to go to the fracture clinic on Thursday so I'll ask them more about time frame/physio etc. But what I've read so far I'm looking at possibly 6 weeks recovery and possible surgery.

my number one tip for everyone is get yourself some personal injury insurance!

Sorry to hear about your injury. I hope you make a quick recovery.

I tend to be a bit of a cynic when it comes to this sort of insurance. At the end of the day the insurance companies are there to make money out of you and you need to go through the small print with a fine toothcomb.... if they can get out of paying up they will...

My advice would be to put some money aside in a savings account (an ISA for example) in order to cover for these sort of events.

The company I use put money into an account, so if you don't claim, your money hasn't disappeared. I get a statement every year letting me know my balance 

Hi Steve. Have you got a link for that company? Tried googling them but couldn't find them.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I had a fall off the ladder in Jan. Fortunately I walked away with just a few bruises. I've got personal injury insurance through British Friendly - you should check them out

I had a fall off the ladder in Jan. Fortunately I walked away with just a few bruises. I've got personal injury insurance through British Friendly - you should check them out

Thank you, I'll check them out as well. You was lucky to escape with just some bruises falling off a ladder.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile appThanks to everyone input. I think I might be able to claim esa which is only £79 a week but better then nothing.

Has anyone ever broke there 5th metatarsal? I've been reading up on recovery time and it can be 6-8 weeks before I'm able to put weight on it!

I'm gutted because I only started up about 10 weeks ago, building up a nice round adding new customers every week and this happens

Latest Posts

Back