Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Masking tape

seanieg

Am on a builders clean athe the moment and some of the windows have got a few bits of masking tape on them. The are brand new metal ones that have been powder coated grey. At the moment I have just tried soaking hot soapy water but it's not moving. Any suggestions. Scraper not an option. Thanks

Don't do builders cleans!!  They're a complete PITA - impossible to price properly because you can't tell how long they're going to take and the customer always complains about something!  Build a proper round of well priced regular jobs so you don't have any spare time to tempt you to tackle things like this.

Cheers for your replys guys. As a rule I don't do builders because I do agree that they are a pita. However this was for a builder that I know, this place was massive and i didn't have to work out a quote before hand, he just said the job is mine if I want it, so I could charge for the time I was there. The masking tape is still there but I have to go back in about six weeks to do a final clean as this was just a pre clean to get rid of the worst of it now that all the rendering has been done. The masking tape is on the frames themselves but it's only on 4 Windows in small areas. So any other suggestions would be gratefully recieved. cheers

Back