Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Business, Advice on Backpacks/Brushes Please.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The Cleaning King

Morning all.

Ok so been browsing this forum for quite some time now. Currently working in a dead end job and looking to set up my own business, window cleaning it is.

At this minute, I won't be using a Van as need to build a up my clientele first.

Going to be looking at buying purified water from someone else rather than making it myself to start. Have quite a roomy car, VW Jetta so can fit plenty of 25L tanks inside.

The questions I have is, which backpack out of the Gardiner one Nd the Big Boy Backpack?

Looking for advice on best/cheapest place to buy empty 25L containers too.

As mentioned I've read separate reviews on both but doesn't seem to be that many using the Big boy one, is there a specific reason?

One last thing, if purchasing the Gardiner which brush would you recommend? I won't be do any commercial to start with but may have some fairly tall houses and hard to reach windows so don't want to limit myself, thinking maybe a 20-25Ft pole?

Any advance welcomed, positive only please.

Thanks and enjoy your day guys!

Why don't you start traditional first? You might not even like window cleaning.

Hi mate, I have worked with a friend of mine before doing it. Wasn't full time but enjoyed it and know it's far better than what I'm doing now. To be honest he always did traditional which worked for him but I used his backpack and found it much better for me.

As I said above, he has knowledge and been in the game for some time and is doing well but hoping the forum users can help me decide between the two backpacks and suitable brush.

Cheers

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I dont use wfd at the moment. I'm like yourself. I currently work full time in a factory and part time cleaning windows. I'll be going full time window cleaning in a few weeks. 

I have the Gardiner and I'm very happy with. Battery is good on it. Don't get the Streamflow back pack, burn through water to fast, There is no flow control. 

I dont use wfd at the moment. I'm like yourself. I currently work full time in a factory and part time cleaning windows. I'll be going full time window cleaning in a few weeks. 

I wish you the best of luck mate with it, hope it works out for you :)

I have the Gardiner and I'm very happy with. Battery is good on it. Don't get the Streamflow back pack, burn through water to fast, There is no flow control. 

Only heard good reviews tbh, just wanted a little comparison between the two. What brush are you using? How many litres you using per day and how many houses?

Cheers

The reason i use the gardiners backpackis the fact it has an inbuilt handle whereas the other ones have the handle on the lid which isn't great unless using it on a trolley

Never have any problems with them

I can do average 2 x 3 bed houses with 1 fill but when you are new to it you will use a lot more

The reason i use the gardiners backpackis the fact it has an inbuilt handle whereas the other ones have the handle on the lid which isn't great unless using it on a trolley Never have any problems with themI can do average 2 x 3 bed houses with 1 fill but when you are new to it you will use a lot more
 I'll probably put mine on a trolley. I've been looking at trolley systems with 100PSI, maybe second hand ones on eBay etc but heard people say 60psi is enough..

Been looking on proper window cleaning sites and eBay, this one looks decent but always dubious with buying from the site. Looking at about £400 for this and a decent brush.

76f26ff5bad5591fe70f6664537c97d8.png

Gardiner backpack and a cheap alley trolley for £20 

my one gets used every day all day, it's charged at the end and middle of every week great battery life, like I say used daily for over year paid for its self 100x over never missed a beat and if it did pack up I wouldn't hesitate to buy another in a heartbeat.  As a matter of fact I have two of them as some jobs, I can't park up my van becuase of restrictions houseboats we do so we use them instead.

as handy as they are, I love my van mount though lol.

Gardiner ultimate medium soft is my favourite brush on most normal windows, but if I only had one brush it would be the ultimate flock, purely because approx 50% of my customers have wooden frames, sach windows, leaded modern and old windows. I seem to wear these out at a much faster rated than the medium soft. 

Gardiner ultimate medium soft is my favourite brush on most normal windows, but if I only had one brush it would be the ultimate flock, purely because approx 50% of my customers have wooden frames, sach windows, leaded modern and old windows. I seem to wear these out at a much faster rated than the medium soft. 
Thanks Den, appreciate the in depth reviews[emoji1417]

@den what pole are you using too mate?

Have you decided on a backpack I'm trad but looking for a backpack that I can put on a trolley is it worth buying the hole backpack(start up set including pole )?? Or get it separate also when on back how loud is it herd a big boy and it sounded quite loud do you have to have earplugs if using it for long periods of time any links with products would be appreciated pm if allowed (Gav) thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Have you decided on a backpack I'm trad but looking for a backpack that I can put on a trolley is it worth buying the hole backpack(start up set including pole )?? Or get it separate also when on back how loud is it herd a big boy and it sounded quite loud do you have to have earplugs if using it for long periods of time any links with products would be appreciated pm if allowed (Gav) thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Hi mate.

From what I've read and heard it's best to go for a Gardiner backpack and purchase one of their poles, probably the CLX 18 and then purchase a trolley from somewhere else along with few bundle cables.

All in all should cost about £220(ish)..

Only issue is Gardiner have neither in stock at the moment so waiting on that!

Latest Posts

Back