Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facebook advertising

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ksp

Hi guys,

How much do you spend on Facebook advertising? I spend £4p.d for 1 weeks periods and have found it most effective when I boosted a Pre/post cleaning picture rather than advertising for 'send message' clicks. Logic would suggest the more I spend the bigger the audience thus the greater return but I'm interested in what other people have done to decide whether to put more substantial money in to Facebook advertising or to google Adwords.

Thanks in advance! Thanks

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I want to keep the area the size as I'm already marketing In just pay more so that it goes out to a bigger audience. I'm trying to gather enough information to see if it's worth investing more in Adwords or Facebook adverts. I know peoples views on Adwords are lukewarm and depends on using the correct words and how much £ and how many of the competition invest in it so I'm uncertain which direction to go. Unfortunately my round is still small and I don't have enough money to do both alongside flyering so I need to be as prudent as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I'm not particularly tech savvy but I made a slideshow video of my work and boosted the post at the weekend. Cost me a fiver and I stopped and started so it covered the whole bank hol weekend. 10 mile radius and women 30+. 2216 people reached and 1356 engagements.

Net result so far - one quote for pressure washing and I've heard nothing since. Not be bothering again.

When I leaflet (I've a section on it for quotes) I write an estimate and post it, using this method I'm hitting around 2-3 jobs per 100.

Paid ads are just the lazy way to do it. I  an get more engagements from manual posting to buy and sells. But paid ads you can just set up and let run rather than be arsed to post twice a day on groups which is what you need to be doing to get work,  constantly hitting it.

Paid ads are just the lazy way to do it. I  an get more engagements from manual posting to buy and sells. But paid ads you can just set up and let run rather than be arsed to post twice a day on groups which is what you need to be doing to get work,  constantly hitting it.
I've done the buy and sell sites for the past 6 months and started to think I've exhausted that avenue as I now rarely get anything from it. Also I found that specifically with the 'free/forsale' sites a lot of people wanted the service but had a misinformed view on how much it costs so I started to put 'starting from just £10', which I'm sure goes some way to explaining the lack of enquiries.

I stopped using fb for a while as I've done all the groups for the last 3 years and now just getting wasters

I've done the same thing now after using it for 6 months. I got a lot initially that wanted a regular clean, that turned in to a one off clean the second time I turned up and a lot that wanted one off cleans. Thinking now though there are only 2 I have now that are proper regular customers from the buy and sell sites. Whereas every enquiry I managed to quote and acquire from paid ads I have kept. Paid ads generally got me a lot less enquiries though which I assumed was for the relatively small amount I spend compared to the amount Facebook tells me other businesses spend. I'd hate to invest a lot and then realise it hasn't given me back what I'd hoped which is in essence, if I spend £250 for one month I want to make that £250 back in the first month and hopefully end up with more regulars for the round.

That's strange as I've paid to run 'ad campaigns' with limited success but the best interest I had was from paying £8 to boost a pre/post clean.

I've done the buy and sell sites for the past 6 months and started to think I've exhausted that avenue as I now rarely get anything from it. Also I found that specifically with the 'free/forsale' sites a lot of people wanted the service but had a misinformed view on how much it costs so I started to put 'starting from just £10', which I'm sure goes some way to explaining the lack of enquiries.

oh yes i agree. Get a few enquirys from it but little in the way of quality customers. Most just want a cheap price.

Theres the odd exception though. I noticed exactly the same, with a poor quality unprofessional looking add i got lots of enquires "how much pal" types. soon as i made a nice add with my prices on i got a lot less enquirys and a bit of abuse as well. Not posted on there for a couple of months as ive been pretty busy but will be caning it again soon as i have about 10-20 customers ready for the boot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back