Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Holidays - submit your answers on the back of a stamp

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ECS Windows

639f88e283325a6dfd28c61a781a93e4.jpg

a11e4400952d8b72b0c06413de5a7f1d.jpg

Kiev, 60p beers and £4 lush meals 24 hours. The weather is incredible, the people are as nice as they come and the tours are veeery different. Did chernobyl last year, this year was a missile silo. They run a full (still current russian tech) demo of launching a nuke and let you push 'the button'. The tour guide even suggested we take photos 'riding the bomb'. Honestly, can't do these people justice!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

The Chernobyl tour sounds really interesting, in fact you prompted me to look at the tours - you get to visit the reactor, see a buried village, a dead town etc etc.  :5_thumbsup:

And whats not to like about 60p beers! :beerchug:

639f88e283325a6dfd28c61a781a93e4.jpg

a11e4400952d8b72b0c06413de5a7f1d.jpg

Kiev, 60p beers and £4 lush meals 24 hours. The weather is incredible, the people are as nice as they come and the tours are veeery different. Did chernobyl last year, this year was a missile silo. They run a full (still current russian tech) demo of launching a nuke and let you push 'the button'. The tour guide even suggested we take photos 'riding the bomb'. Honestly, can't do these people justice!

Kiev sounds great, do you have to wear respirators for Chernobyl? I thought the levels were still too high? Really interesting though, I'd love to see more of Eastern Europe. I was talking to a Lithuanian chap about his home country...he said it was rubbish as there were only old people left[emoji849].  

One place I'd really like to go back to is Berlin. If your interested in WW2 the old SS barracks, Holocaust museum and memorial are worth a look, otherwise just wandering round and sitting at street cafes drinking and eating is great. The Reichstag is another place to go, but queue early. I went in July a few years ago & the weather was roasting every day. People are really friendly too.

For a big city it was amazingly quiet from around 23:00. Hardly anything moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

You don't need respirators, it works out at the same radiation as a transatlantic flight! The tour guide even lets you hqve a cheeky smoke when you're out pf sight of the guards lol.

That does sound good, I'd love to tread those roads. Maybe next year ;)

Getting me in the mood this. I'm off to vilamora, Portugal on Friday with the lads, 19 of us, don't think we will be looking at world war stuff ??

19 of you ?!? :63_astonished:

Sounds like a frat party!
It gets bigger every year. Started with seven of us six years ago, and its such a laugh more and more pile on. 

All meeting in brick lane for a session and curry, then my mate Louie is putting us all up in his two bedroom flat in Whitechapel!!! He's terrified!! Up early next morning, taxis to city airport and away we go. Makes grafting all week worth it ?

19 in a 2 bed flat  :4_joy:

Place is gonna be humming! Lol.

Have a great time but behave yourself - I don't want to read about you in the Sunday tabloids!!!!

By the way @ECS, well done on bringing up a subject non work related.

As @Eviestevieand myself have said recently, this forum has had a massive sense of humour failure I.m.o. It's just been constant newbies asking questions (nothing wrong with that) or members inflating their egos telling us how great they are. So it's a nice change to talk about something else ??

My lad has just come back from a long weekend in Weston with 6 of his mates. 7 of them in one caravan, ages between 16 and 17. He got p/ssed for the first time in his life, then done it again. They were getting served in pubs and weren't getting asked for ID  :63_astonished:  Oh to be young again.

As for me I don't think I'll be going anywhere   :6_thumbsdown:

id love to go on a holiday like that, but Mrs won't have any of it. Instead its off to Menorca Friday for the week, trying to stop my 4 & 1 year old from throwing themselves into the pool headfirst without armbands, whilst the Mrs drinks cocktails, covers herself in baby oil and cooks herself in the sun :delusional:

My lad has just come back from a long weekend in Weston with 6 of his mates. 7 of them in one caravan, ages between 16 and 17. He got p/ssed for the first time in his life, then done it again. They were getting served in pubs and weren't getting asked for ID  :63_astonished:  Oh to be young again.

As for me I don't think I'll be going anywhere   :6_thumbsdown:
Weston-Super-Mare? My old haunt, really lax there. A few years back even the strippers in one of the clubs were under age!! Good times, back when I was 15......

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting me in the mood this. I'm off to vilamora, Portugal on Friday with the lads, 19 of us, don't think we will be looking at world war stuff ??
The time I referred to in Berlin was a mates 40th, nothing too savage, just a good crack, there were 7 of us then. I was amazed at how cheap it worked out, 3 days inc flights and staying in the Berlin Hilton was about £400. Quite how my mate managed that I'll never know.

Makes a change from UK cities.

After looking at Booking.com there seem to be some cracking deals on some smart hotels. Food for thought I think.

id love to go on a holiday like that, but Mrs won't have any of it. Instead its off to Menorca Friday for the week, trying to stop my 4 & 1 year old from throwing themselves into the pool headfirst without armbands, whilst the Mrs drinks cocktails, covers herself in baby oil and cooks herself in the sun :delusional:

Weston-Super-Mare? My old haunt, really lax there. A few years back even the strippers in one of the clubs were under age!! Good times, back when I was 15......
I loved Menorca, Cala'n Porter, when the kids were young, lovely safe beach and goodish nightlife. Mind that was nearly 30 years ago :37_disappointed:

Visited a few Communist block countries in my time. Romania mid 80's sticks in the memory. 2300 hrs curfew, food poisoning on the Danube and nowt to buy in the shops. 

Visited a few Communist block countries in my time. Romania mid 80's sticks in the memory. 2300 hrs curfew, food poisoning on the Danube and nowt to buy in the shops. 

Hopefully it's changed a bit since then, I'm taking the missus there for here 30th next month. We're spending a day at a shooting range, should be good craic!

The Chernobyl tour sounds really interesting, in fact you prompted me to look at the tours - you get to visit the reactor, see a buried village, a dead town etc etc. /emoticons/5_thumbsup.png

And whats not to like about 60p beers!/emoticons/beerchug.gif

If you end up going, let me know and I'll dig out the company we went with. Very knowledgeable and even took us up on the roof of restricted buildings to get the best views (lots of clambering over collapsed areas, not a hint of health and safety lol). She also made following her around nice and pleasant, extremely easy on the eye ;)

Hopefully it's changed a bit since then, I'm taking the missus there for here 30th next month. We're spending a day at a shooting range, should be good craic!

:2_grinning: This was a couple of years before they did for ceaucescu. People were great and the place was spotless (an army of old women dressed in black used to appear at 6am and forensically clean the streets!) I had a Nike tracksuit that I probably could have swapped for a house that's how desperate they were for western goods

I quite like the sound of Chernobyl. Hasn't the wildlife reclaimed large parts of since the accident? 

Back