Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

40-60 mins to do one front too long?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi there,

As you guys may know, I'm New!! 

So with no experience I decided to start my own window cleaning business but it took me 3 hours and 10 mins to do 3 fronts... I made £26 and the windows sills and frames were spotless. I aim to have the best results for practice so I start doing mansions ;)

So all 3 were first time customers and it did rain so ALL my cloths were damp! detailing was so so long! 

I just want to know how long you guys took when you first started (1st time cleans) and how long first time cleans take you now?

I mean with paint spots and tough old stains etc... 

The only Reason I was thorough is because they all will be bi-weekly customers and I know if I get the hard grime off next time should be easy. 

Thanks for the support! 

P.S I found out if you loosen the screw on the ninja squeegee and lubricate the joint it acts like a wagtail and is quite smooth :)

Hello mate.
When I 1st started nearly 7 years ago I was slower then slow and couldn't get my head around it.
The hole speed thing comes with time and how often you do it.
As for time wise just all depends on windows / access / number of things to be honest. If I'm doing a 1st time clean say on a 2 bed house with say 3 windows at top and 3 windows at bottom plus front door should be around 30 to 40 mins again just depends to be honest

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

That's true,

When I tell people I quit my job to become a window cleaner they don't understand. It's harder than it looks.

Can I ask you a question? (I guess that's 2 questions)

I use a telescopic pole as I'm avoiding ladders until necessary. What are the best sleeves for pole work?

I have some standard red stripes... they don't hold much water and they don't get rid of tough stains like paint etc.

I have used my ninja 6 inch blade so far but it seems dodgy. I ordered an abrasive sleeve but I was wondering if there's a specific one that's better.

If you want to do good pole work then you want to use an excelerator with fliq scrubber pad from Moerman 

Check this vid of Bob the guy who helped design it and see how it works on a pole

https://youtu.be/RW-eQ0kxgMw

Quality first , speed later on in the learning process . 

Ive teached my wife to become a part-time windy and told her exactly that . 

Now after a year+ or so ,she got High standards and a speed like most guys ive worked with.  :1f44d:

First cleans are an investment and just take longer!!! some are easier than others, but if the customer is happy then the time took is repaid because you have that customer paying you next month (and you have already done the time consuming part). the month after, the month after etc.And your diary gets nice and busy which equals MONEY!!!

Back