Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Whirl away Surface cleaners

im not a pressure washer yet lol but from what ive hurd and red on line! they are quicker on big areas of paving but you have less controle of the flow were a lance u can hold it away from the paving when needed on delecut areas and you get less splash up with the fsc if i was go get a pressure washer ide get a fsc for shore  :1f44d:

Does anyone have one of these, and what are they like, thinking of buying one, 

They look the part, and seem to do a good job.
Yes they are good but make sure it's jetted correctly for your pressure washer and generally you need a minimum 15 ltr flow rate , give Ben a ring at Rutland pumps he will give you good honest advice without any hard sell 

I really rate mine but as Pjj says the flow rate is critical. My 11lpm machine won't run it properly but the 21lpm is fantastic. Flies through large areas of concrete and pavers. I tip it up at an angle and it's great for flushing. Each to their own but I find it's much less stress on the body than a lance

I can highly recommend a flat surface cleaner. T hey do help a great deal if set up correctly on any surface. As for the nozzles on the front, I would say they are a waste of time unless you are doing tennis courts with loads of moss all the time. For everything else I would recommend rinsing down with a ball valve.

I have had 3 BE whirlaway Flat surface cleaners so far. They do the job but I always feel like mine are slower than the videos I see online of the americans doing cleaning with their Whisper wash and Mosmatic cleaners. 

The BE whirlaways seem to be  targeted at the lower or entry level end of the market. The entry level seems to be cheap (ish) for everything in this business and it rapidly gets more expensive as you move into the mid and higher end equipment.

I will be upgrading to a hot water capable unit shortly and will see if it is any different.

Back