Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How much would you charge?

Philip

Quoted today a conservatory roof clean it has 9 panels the same size at the ones in the picture what would you charge? I quoted £45 quid I reckon it's about 45 mins work
6d016f545868ffaa560eea1765f91ce9.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I would send a polite message back suggesting to him that he should use the last guy if he is that cheap as with your insurance and proper equipment designed for the job you would be unable to work for such a cheap rate! Maybe theres a reason he can't ask the last guy he probably went broke

The cony would be £70 round my way it's small but you got to have a minimum charge unless the rounds quiet that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

That's not an easy job there is hardly any fall on that roof , plus the dirt will go on the sides to so they would need doing to ide charge £80 to 100 for the whole thing 

I would send a polite message back suggesting to him that he should use the last guy if he is that cheap as with your insurance and proper equipment designed for the job you would be unable to work for such a cheap rate! Maybe theres a reason he can't ask the last guy he probably went broke
I wouldnt text anything.  Waffle waffle waffle.....   who cares? Custy wants it on price well so be it.  You didnt get the job. Oh well.. win some loose some. On to the next.  

If you asked a plumber for a quote and went elsewhere and he text you a bunch of waffle about cost of tools and insurance etc... you'd just think 'what a t.w.a.t!'

I've got to agree with green here. It's a waste of time replying to price shoppers like this. You will rarely change their mind as their focused on price alone. Ignore it and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I wouldnt text anything.  Waffle waffle waffle.....   who cares? Custy wants it on price well so be it.  You didnt get the job. Oh well.. win some loose some. On to the next.  

If you asked a plumber for a quote and went elsewhere and he text you a bunch of waffle about cost of tools and insurance etc... you'd just think 'what a t.w.a.t!'

Agree in part with what you say here @Green Pro Clean Ltd there is absolutely no way anyone should grovel or beg for work if you need to do that in this game your doing something very wrong!! 

However my comment is based on what I saw some of the more experienced members on here advising when I started out that often customers are happier to pay a premium when they realise you actually pay taxes NI etc and are reputable fully insured etc. And my experience is where this comes in although obviously we all do it our own way. 

So how using this does work..... is I recently found out a guy in one of my areas who did loads of houses had packed up not informing any custies. He worked on foot and I saw him walking on tiles loads ladders on gutters etc.  I canvassed the area and when I told them I charge 13 a month for houses I was met with but last guy charged 6.50. If I took greens method at this point I walk away and give up. Well instead I just said I'm afraid if I did that I would go bust but I am more expensive as I use wfp so don't risk damaging your property climbing on it and I'm fully insured for your protection. I also mentioned a few times that there s no way I could pay tax ext cleaning 3 beds for 6.50! I got 12 out of 15 I spoke to and more from leaflets since in that little area. 4 of them also had 75 quit gutter cleans with the first clean. So over 600 quid in first cleans plus gutters and now 15 £13 a month houses added to the round. 

Even if I looked like a T.w.a.t as @Green Pro Clean Ltd says you will I now have this new money and custies and customers who were prepared to double there cost cos they know why I cost double. I take that over giving up and walking away when someone initiinitially queries my pricing!! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with @chris clean I would say in the right areas spending 30-45 seconds can easily change someones mind, Picked up a few jobs recently and I heard cheap prices but they ain't been for months and looking at their work they weren't offering value for money even at their prices. 

I quickly tell potential clients that the service I offer is a full and thorough clean and I deliver on my promises best service and reliable which is exactly what the right clients had them signed up in seconds and they keep on coming.

Ive always worked on a "you dont pay for it unless your happy with it" policy. Ive always been paid and i think it puts the customers at ease knowing there not paying more for shoddy workmanship. Tbf most comment how they now understand why i price the way i do. Like most things in life you get what you pay for..

Totally agree with what @Iron Giant and @CleanerWindows if you have a good brand and product and can sway a customer by pointing that out why not. IF@Green Pro Clean Ltd thinks pointing out you have a good product that's worth more money is waffle waffle in his words and gives up as soon as someone queries price then fair play but I'm proud I can explain I offer a better product and convince people to pay double. Not saying anyone's wrong as that's the great thing about your own business but don't fear looking a t.w.a.t selling your product 

Green Pro Clean Ltd said:
You can all hold the f-u-k up.  
My comment was in response to someone saying 'send him a text'

Nothing to do with talking to anyone in person. 

But hey.... let's all read it out of context and go lynch Green again.   (Cause thats not getting old) 

This firum really has gone to shite. 

Your right about being taken out of context mrG but regarding forum having gone to shite i have to disagree.

Exactly what you said "out of context" someone took that the wrong way. Which tbf is there take on things and not how you meant it.
You were giving your input as we all do.

Regarding forum.
Whether good or bad the input offered on this forum is valuable information for professional and novice users.
Gone to s.h.i.t.e definitely not. There could be things taken out of context which brings us back to the beginning.

Lets just sweep this aside and carry on.

Green Pro Clean Ltd said:
You can all hold the f-u-k up.  

My comment was in response to someone saying 'send him a text'

Nothing to do with talking to anyone in person. 

But hey.... let's all read it out of context and go lynch Green again.   (Cause thats not getting old) 

This firum really has gone to shite. 

Wo wo wo chill out @Green Pro Clean Ltd! Lol grab a beer man and relax!! The first part of my earlier post was I agree with you in part! Which I do. I understand the context of your message as I'm sure the others do. Nobody's being lynched but if we all agreed with every aspect of what everyone said and didn't offer our own take the forum would be dead. regards your critism of the forum i think its brilliant and am so grateful to all on here for there advice and input and appreciate those who run and moderate it! Do you go to the pub with your mates and act like that when the lads disagree or have a different take.... life would get boring. Even if someone has a different take  who cares its nothing to be upset over

Back to the subject which is what we should really be on.... I think whether a call or text there is merit in at the right time pointing out to a customer why you charge the price you charge. Simple 

Well after week I've had I would charge nothing just to be back on this type off work 

I'm officially a window cleaner not exterior cleaner

Let's not argue non constructively on the finer points of closing or not closing a deal.

Everyone also knows the rules about language.

I personally think it's worth explaining the details of higher cost on occasion. Example, today i quoted a drive and was met with gasps! I opened up the van, showed them the set up...they didn't even know a pressure washer was used, just assumed some kind of weed killer was put down (believe it or not). Educating customers goes further than regarding payment options in my opinion....but

There will always be customers who are looking bargain basement, the skill is knowing which ones to spend time with explaining how reality actually is.

Back