Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Who misses clicking a title and going to last unread?

Gavin

Staff member
Admin
Many may have noticed by now that clicking topic titles take you to the first post in a thread which can be annoying trying to follow the topic especially if there are several pages to it. Currently the only way the get to the last unread is to click the blue dot next to titles. 

Our old software would take you to the last unread post in a topic after clicking a title. This was a much more intuitive way.

I am looking at trying to edit this software to make it work like it used to. Just interested before I go ahead who would welcome this. 

It's a good idea. Or at least move the blue dot a bit. Hard to hit it with my sausage sized fingers. Also, when u hit the recent topics button the topics all come up with the last reply. Surly it would be better to have the opening post so u can choose whether to read it or not. I'm sure it used to be that way round?

It's a good idea. Or at least move the blue dot a bit. Hard to hit it with my sausage sized fingers. Also, when u hit the recent topics button the topics all come up with the last reply. Surly it would be better to have the opening post so u can choose whether to read it or not. I'm sure it used to be that way round?
Recent posts does that as I managed to get the recent topics to open at last unread but couldn't get topics in forums to do the same. 

I still miss the old site if I'm honest. I don't like this thing on the left with the quote bubble thing. It all looks like that Facebook to me  :1f44e: animated emojis are good but the other ones are  :1f4a9:

cleanitup dont bother changing the format every 5 minutes why should wcf?

Not quite sure what you mean about quote bubble. Guessing the dot next to titles for last unread post. As I said looking to fix that. 

Also I don't follow ciu's lead. 

Ok all have fixed the title thing now. All titles when clicked will go the the last unread post in a topic. Dots are gone ?

Nothing to do with tinkering or chasing gold. Our forum relies on forum software. The developers improve and update as technologies evolve and updates are crucial for security simple as that. if I choose not do update the software we use then we are vulnerable to security issues. Much like not updating phone software or windows or Mac software. Some may not like it but it's better than our forum being hacked and destroyed totally!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Back